Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

FS 11?

Has anybody gotten a hint as to approximately when the FS-11 release date might be? Unless I have lost count, I got this copy in November of 2006, and I believe the traditional new version spacing has been about 2 years. :+Regards,Thrakete

Guest jshyluk

Anybody who knows the answer to this question isn't telling us. Getting an accurate answer (if there even is one) would probably violate a Non-Disclosure Agreement, which can be a very serious legal situation. Please consider that.It was a few short years ago when it was common practise that Microsoft would not tell anybody the Flight Simulator release date until the product was at the manufacturers. That's the tradition.What can be said is what has been said before: Microsoft is devoting resources to ESP, Train Sim 2 and FS11. FS11 probably won't get finished until ESP has developed some more and TS2 is on the market. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

By doing a search on any forum you could see that Phil Taylor himself has posted on the issue. A good guesstimate (that I found at another forum) is late 2010 to 2011. FSX is here to stay... :)

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

>FSX is here to>stay... :)And so is SP2 :-( But to be honest, if the z-buffer (flickering issue) was to be fixed, I would have to say that DX10 Preview is definitely the way to go! I am getting about 30-40% increase in frame rates but the flickering issues is really a big issue.______________Efrain RuizLiveDISPATCHhttp://www.livedispatch.org

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Guest UlfB

>By doing a search on any forum you could see that Phil Taylor>himself has posted on the issue. A good guesstimate (that I>found at another forum) is late 2010 to 2011. FSX is here to>stay... :)New hardware need to be sold. I guess the release of the Intel Nehalem cpu family will enable users to run FSX quite well during Q4 or Q1 2009. So I'll guess that FS11 or FSXI will be released Q2 2010. The big test for the ACEs team will be the release of Train Simulator 2. MS TS2 will use the same graphics engine as the future FS11/SXI.Nick, I'm sorry if you'll find my post ignorant in any way!Ulf B

Ulf B,I have read many of your posts/replys and I am wondering as to why you are always saying that you are sorry to Nick? Did you two have a plane wreck or something?

Jim Wenham

Guest cbuchner1

Can't one try tweak the DX10 shader files to get rid of flickering?I've seen some tiny offsets being added in the DX9 shaders that are there to eliminate Z fighting - maybe due to time pressure they were a bit sloppy with the DX10 shaders. One example of sloppiness is the "ring" of rain around your aircraft when you're on or near ground level. I came up with a quick fix for this shader issue - all I had to do was to disable the use of the Z buffer during the rain render pass.

>>Can't one try tweak the DX10 shader files to get rid of>flickering?>>I've seen some tiny offsets being added in the DX9 shaders>that are there to eliminate Z fighting - maybe due to time>pressure they were a bit sloppy with the DX10 shaders. >>One example of sloppiness is the "ring" of rain around your>aircraft when you're on or near ground level. I came up with a>quick fix for this shader issue - all I had to do was to>disable the use of the Z buffer during the rain render pass.>>>>Could you go into further details with this? What changed did you make to the shader files in order to fix the "ring" of rain? Have you tried them in the DX10 shaders? That would be OUTSTANDING if the flickering could be fixed this way.Thanks for any help.______________Efrain RuizLiveDISPATCHhttp://www.livedispatch.org

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Guest UlfB

>Ulf B,>>I have read many of your posts/replys and I am wondering as to>why you are always saying that you are sorry to Nick? Did you>two have a plane wreck or something?Here is the thread that explains my defensive attitude:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&topic_id=40023A paradigm shift are never forseen by the experts. That's why we call them paradigm shifts.Ulf B

Ulf B, One bad thing about forum communication is that it is sometimes hard to read the tone of a poster. I think he was only trying to show you how and why the new CPU will be of a benefit to MSFS. If I were you I wouldnt think anything if his reply. I do agree that some of the threads get way over my head as far as the tech stuff goes but I just read them and try to gain a bit more knowledge. FSX for me has not exactly gone in the direction I expected it to when I first bought it. I thought I would buy it and load it and have fun. For me it has been nothing as such. To use FSX I had to learn more about highend hardware and how to tweek till it hurts fly a little tweek more. Dont get me wrong I LOVE FSX even with all that is nort quite right yet but Im sure it will all get ironed out eventually. Also due to FSX I am now building my own system for the first time and am having a blast learning about all the key elements to really make a system sing. That all being said dont be offended by Nicks reply, he did reply with an apology after he saw that it offended you. Not to put Nick on a godly status but we need his knowledge and others like him to help us out. Actually I think MS should give him a little kick back because his help with setting up FSX has helped many people to actually be able to enjoy the sim again. :-beerchug

Jim Wenham

Guest UlfB

jwenham,Thanks for sharing your view no this. Yes, I do also appreciate Nicks deep knowledge. Especially his posts on overclocking and making the systems faster. :-beerchug Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

>>By doing a search on any forum you could see that Phil>Taylor>>himself has posted on the issue. A good guesstimate (that I>>found at another forum) is late 2010 to 2011. FSX is here>to>>stay... :)>>New hardware need to be sold. I guess the release of the Intel>Nehalem cpu family will enable users to run FSX quite well>during Q4 or Q1 2009. You see I would say that FSX can be run quite well RIGHT NOW using a Penryn and DDR3 memory. I think that time you mention (Q1 2009) is already here right now.>Nick, I'm sorry if you'll find my post ignorant in any way!>>Ulf BI think sometimes he types very quickly and might come off the wrong way unintentionally. I can tell you, I have been around lots of techs, and I am one of them for a mid-size company, and sometimes other techs don't realize your knowledge level, and this is exacerbated by the not-fact-to-face internet. It's like you're being talked down to unnecessarily, and you can only sit there and smile a little bit. Once they realize you are "one of them", the conversation tends to be more to-the-point with less verbiage.I think most of you high-posters here, who frequent the hardware forum, have above-average tech knowledge. I'd put any of you and that's you Ulf included, out in the general population of FS people, and you'd be tech experts for configging FS compared to the average FS user.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.16 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Nick_N

I am not one to talk down to people however I can like anyone else get snippy when I feel I am being chastised or disrespected with the way a conversation is going and I can also get frustrated in such things, but it is never my goal to do anything but help in the communications I my post.I probably could have responded differently to your comment however if you read what I posted without the flair of me talking down to you, I don