Sign in to follow this  
Yoda967

Wow!! Aerosoft's F-16... you have to see this!

Takes a lot to impress me but that did!ETA anyone?Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest shnala

Yeah! Really lookin great !!! Just.... It's FALCON.... ;) ___________________

Guest JIMJAM

****............I thought it had came out!!!!I also spilled my coffee.I had sworn off ANY plane with a hud seeing that the sims just hate em.But after flying the ACCEL 18 and the Iris f-20 that uses the MS hud, I know its possible to get good fps and performance.Same with the CRT displays. Usually chew and spit out FPS but done right can be performance freindly.Hope all that eyecandy does not kill the plane but I think I could be happy just staring at it.

Aerosoft. Has not been released yet, it is in BETA right now.It is stunning, and Nick really shows it off well with his screen shots.I'm a GA flyer, but this military jet offering will find a place in my hanger ;)

No kidding Bryan, no kidding. Falcon is such an AMAZING simulator. Every time I come back to it I am floored. This is so despite the very aged graphics. I believe this might be a lesson moving forward in games/sims: don't forget gameplay.In any case, the aerosoft F16 look marvelous and I'm tempted to get it although I've never done military aircraft in MSFS.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I hear ya McCrash... this is what Bryan and I are referring to earlier in this thread. Play Falcon and you'll develop some F-16 love. It really is an amazing aircraft. Read about how Joe "OODA Loop" Boyd fought to preserve the essential goodness of this aircraft - the Falcon has an amazing history and will continue to soldier on at least until 2025 for the USAF and likely well beyond that for other air forces. It is still in production for export.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Jeff,Boyd's first name was John. :-) You're right, he did develop the "OODA Loop" (a map of the human decision-making process, called OODA for the four basic steps -- Observe, Orient, Decide, Act). The theory goes that the combatant with the shortest OODA Loop cycle time will win in any conflict, and Boyd used this to great effect in developing the Coalition strategy for Operation DESERT STORM. More importantly for the development of the F-16, Boyd was the first to quantify what made certain fighter aircraft more effective in combat than others. He called it "Energy-Maneuverability" theory. He worked on the development of the F-15, which became the first aircraft designed around E-M concepts. He felt strongly that the ideal fighter aircraft was a single-engine, single-seat design, and the F-16 is the result. His "Light-Weight Fighter Program" was not welcomed by the Air Force brass, and much of the work was done outside the normal Pentagon channels...but the result was the famous fly-off between the YF-16 and YF-17 prototypes (developed not at Pentagon expense, but at contractor expense), and of course, the F/A-18 can trace its roots to the YF-17.His nickname was "Forty Second" Boyd, a nod to his time as an Air Force Fighter Weapons School instructor. Though one of the most junior instructors at the school, Boyd claimed that starting from a position of disadvantage, he could outmaneuver anyone in single combat in twenty seconds or less. He went on to prove it, time and again, until he encountered a Marine fighter pilot who maneuvered Boyd to a draw at the twenty second mark. Boyd got him twenty seconds later.Robert Coram's book "Boyd: The Fighter Pilot Who Changed The Art Of War" is a great read!

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200