Sign in to follow this  
Bill Womack

Looking for 'simmers from Beverly, Mass.

Hi guys,I'm on vacation right now in Beverly, Massachusetts, and I just came from a quick visit to the airport here. It looks to me like a prime candidate for one of my high-detail treatments for FSX. There's just one problem; I don't know anyone in the area who can help me gain access to the ramp for photography. If anyone here lives in the area and has access (or knows someone who does) I'd sure appreciate the connection. I'll be here through Thursday afternoon, and I'd love to do a full-on photo session if possible.thanks,Bill Womack

Guest fsxmissionguy

Have you tried contacting anyone at the airport?Alan MartinAir Traffic Control ManagerBuilding 5252 LP Henderson Rd. Main # 978-922-1881Fax - 978-922-7753Here's how you can contact the airport manager.Phone: 978-921-6072Fax: 978-921-6071eMail: AirportManager@BeverlyAirport.orgI live in Billerica ... too far from Beverly to have connections there. But there are some businesses on the airport as well. Perhaps there is a Flight Simulator fan among them. Here's the page for contact information for the business owners (lots of real names here):http://www.beverlyairport.com/businesses.phpCheers,

Hi Bill,I'm just up the road in Marblehead. How long will you be in the area? I have my pilot's license. My plane is in Nashua, though, and I'm not current at the moment. Will they let me in with my license?Pepperell would be an awesome airport to do, too. It's about an hour north from Beverly up Rt 3 north and west on 111 (exit 5 in NH). And it's wide and free access to anyone, with regular skydiving flights from a DHC-6 (at least that's what was there last year).It's got all kinds of cool junk, a hangar, with mobile home office, another mobile home office, lots of trucks and trailers, a restaurant built out of an old ice cream truck. Cool place.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Hi Thomas,Yes, as I recall you mentioned Pepperell last year at the DevCon. I was thinking of it, but couldn't quite recall exactly which airport you meant. If I have time, I might swing by and have a look. I'm also checking out Plum Island airport near Newburyport, Mass.Bill

Guest tcable

Too bad they closed TEW-MAC a few years back.I live @ TAN, but havent flown for years. Economic reality :)

Bill, I've been successful gaining access for photos by just asking the airport manager. Once you explain the details of what you do, perhaps show images or demo flight sim for them, they often get excited by the prospects.Bob

Thanks, Bob. I had a great photo session at Plum Island airport, a small private field, this afternoon. I did speak to the airport manager at Beverly yesterday, and while he agreed to let me shoot, it was clearly an inconvenience. I'm going to go over at the crack of 9 tomorrow morning and try to get the requisite shots. Fingers crossed!Bill