Sign in to follow this  
Guest grapesh

Are Bombs & Guns OK in FSX?

Guest BlueRidgeDx

No, thats completely illogical.The presence of the ABILITY to drop bombs does NOT FORCE YOU do so. You can simply uncheck a box during installation, never choose to fly a military airplane, or never install a military add-on. You have many ways to preserve your desire to avoid weapons usage.The non-presence of the ability WOULD FORCE ME to give up something I enjoy. One is a fair compromise, the other is not.

Guest UlfB

>And why the automatic assumption that the first impulse would>be to nape innocent civilians? Why such a warped view? And here is a link to some facts about the bombing of Dresden:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Dr...in_World_War_IIFrom wiki: " Estimates of civilian casualties vary greatly, but recent publications place the figure between 24,000 and 40,000.".This is not about who's wrong or who's right. This is about the face of the war. It's ugly and have a tendency to bring out the nasty individuals on the scene. Regardless if they are #####, communists, americans or vietnamese.Ulf B

Guest UlfB

Just buy yourself a combat game. Nobody forces you to use FS for bombing "stuff".Ulf

I would like to have it kept separate. FS stands for FLIGHT SIMULATOR. I also have no problem with a separate sim which would have bombs and guns but personally have no interest in playing it. FS is getting better and better (please no comments about that I really dont want to hear any more complaints about FSX) and feel if they add that element to it that it would be the start of FS going in the wrong direction. So my vote is keep it out but create a separate Sim for the other if need be.

Jim Wenham

Guest Nick_N

That was Slim Pickens

my hero!actually he was more the western and cowboy personalityI was going to say Deliverance but it was ---not-- that bad ROFLDukes of Hazzard would be more like the area where I grew up.. LOLI dont think anyone sets out to mame people with such a desire... I think its more of a challenge in shooting at something like target practice than killing and besides I dont see anyone making scenery or effects that were pointed at killing with FSX that would last very longIt call freedom to do as we wish with our purchase.. lots of peace in allowing people to just be who they are and use it as they wish... dictating what people can and can not do starts more wars than games.Its a game... like a TV show.. its entertainment people pay for they should be able to do as they wish with it without anyone telling them what they can do or can not doI dont use the sim like that and I would not go read about how to but if someone wishes to do that.. its their choiceI did not make the addon massive crash to blow things up... I made it so the user would know when they messed up, big time. It was all just clean fun. Besides, Aces removed the visual crash ability with FSX so it died with FS9

Guest AreCee

Hmmm, a few months ago I put the Spitfire Cannons on my Pilatus PC-12.

Guest BlueRidgeDx

You're drifting WAY off-topic, and this is a surefire way to get this thread locked. (Personally, I think it was doomed from the start.)

Guest UlfB

Jeff,One thing that came to my mind. Here in Sweden, where I live, we have a lot of beaches dedicated for naturists. I wonder if it would be OK to upload add on sceneries of naturist beaches. Just imaging a sunny sand beach crowded with animated, beautiful young girls. Smiling and waving at you when you do a fly by with an ultra lite. That would be nice and a lot more fun than bombing people away from the same beach.And for female simmers you could use the config tool to replace the girls with handsome men.Is this scenario more scaring than the weapon evolution of FS?Ulf B

Guest UlfB

>You're drifting WAY off-topic, and this is a surefire way to>get this thread locked. (Personally, I think it was doomed>from the start.) And the topic was: Are Bombs & Guns OK in FSX?And what is bombs and guns all about? It's about war. Who in heavens name would construct and produce bombs if there where no wars? IMHO it's on topic. But I must admit that several, not all, of my posts in this thread does'nt follow a strictly technical admiration of the power of bombs and other weapons. But I consider them on topic, except from one of my posts, that is OT.Ulf B

Guest BlueRidgeDx

>This is not about who's wrong or who's right. >Ulf BYet every example you cite is a perceived injustice committed by the US.You know, wars have been fought since the beginning of recorded history. The US is only 232 years old. You can't blame the US for everything, despite the recent popularity of the act.

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Okay, then I'm going to start listing every instance in which the use of weapons has saved lives, ended tyranny, suppressed terrorism, returned stolen lands and property, freed people, and preserved freedom. When I'm done, I'm going to claim it's somehow related to the topic at hand. Sound good?

Guest BlueRidgeDx

You clearly don't understand the argument.

Guest JIMJAM

You know when you dive and hit the ground at 500 mph.Guess what?You do not die!When I play Rainbow6 on the PS3 and shoot a someone, Guess what?I do not get arrested and,psssssss He really isnt dead.I also heard a rumor that on TV and movies its all make beleive and fake.Ohh geez this thread is making me ill.......Whats next..Are developers going to have to paint my P-51 and others warbirds gun barrels yellow or red like the childrens plastic toys as not to confuse others that they are real:-lol

Guest UlfB

>That was Slim Pickens>>

>>my hero!>Thanks, Nick. That scene is fantastic!>Dukes of Hazzard would be more like the area where I grew up..Oh yeah, General Lee, the Dodge Charger. The ultimate car. You know this kind of american muscle cars are quite rare in Europe. But the sound of these V8 engines... The cost of gas make these kind of cars a very bad investment. In the news today they talked about dramatically falling prices on second hand SUVs. Small cars running on alcohol, rapeseed oil, electicity or gas are becoming very popular.Back to the topic.Of course I can't make decisions for other people. In a way you could say that FS is like a hammer. You could use it to build porch or you could use it to make a big hole in your neighbors head. Nothing to do with the hammer itself, only how anybody use it. But still, IMHO I wouldn't like to have bombs and guns in FS:Ulf B

Guest BlueRidgeDx

>FS stands for FLIGHT SIMULATOR. What does that have to do with anything? There are a whole lot of non-flight related objects, activites, and infrastructure built into "FS".Last time I checked, land class has nothing to do with flying. Neither do animals, ships, road traffic, jetways, 5-meter mesh, photorealistic textures, external views, the camera system... do I need to go on?Weapon delivery is no further removed from "flight" than any of those items.