Sign in to follow this  
mgh

How reputable is SimMarket?

I am thinking about purchasing Mick Posch's latest Pyro helicopter. The lite version is available as a download here on avsim, pyro_lite_r1_for_fsx.zip - you'll get the basic model, with some basic animations, and a 2D panel in the lite version.The full one has the VC of course, and more animations, night lights etcI am a little surprised he didn't release it freeware, like his awesome H21C, but you can't complain really heheSo anyway, here's the Simarket link:http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=2997It's roughly 28 USD, dang the dollar again, but not too bad.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

They are reputable but I think they charge for re-downloads :(...

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Guest JIMJAM

I have spent a fortune with them but they HAVE and WILL sell anything.I am JIMJAM and did the review. Just be sure to save anything you buy to disk and save your emails which contain your purchase information.I have had to reinstall FS9 and X many times and as long as you have the program and email to verify you bought it, no problem. Not as easy as Flight1 but Simmarket carries ALOT more.The heli may or may not be worth the extra $$$$ but I try to support anybody making helicopters.I have been flying it and having a blast. I did not even know there was a freeware available but I would have bought it anyways.Hovercontrol is the place to go if you really want to talk helis.

Well I do like helicopters, but not a lot of them are true FSX SP2 models.Mick's H21C is one of them, but it has the bad zoom problem, which he describes on his website. That's one reason why I don't fly it a lot. I like the Acceleration EH101, but the flight dynamics aren't the best. And the VC gauges are really hard to read :(I have Jordan Moore's Bell 412 but its an FS9 SDK model, so the rotor blades show through clouds, annoying the heck outa me...This new Pyro looks amazing, very simple, yet sleek and the VC looks nice. Would you mind posting some screenshots of the VC and model if you get a chance?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest JIMJAM

Sorry I have never learned or made any screenshots.His website has some better than I could do anyways.Its well done and I really enjoy it.The vc is polished, gauges well done and clear.My other favorite which is a little harder on the frames but incredible is the NEMETH DESIGNS - EC-135.You cannot go wrong with either but of course the Pyro is fictional and like I stated, a Ferrari with blades.

I never purchase from SimMarket because of their draconian approach to accessing that which you paid for.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest Seadog

Over the last three years, I've purchased five different items from Sim Market, and never had the slightest problem with any of the transactions, in any regard. Each has been a download, followed by an email with a registration Key, and I've never had the slightest problem with that, either. If you make a copy of those items to a CD or DVD, you avoid future issues regarding reinstallation, but that's something everyone does, right? :7 -Doug

In my case-my computer went fritz after trying to download vista sp1 automatically in the middle of the night- and I hadn't gotten around to copying my purchases to cd I had made only a day or two before. My vista problem took almost a month and 1/2 to resolve and required a reformat/reinstall of everything.So I tend to be negative also-I lost 2 items-do I really have to repay to get them back? I saved the cost to the manufacturer of cd/manuals by direct download-seems the least I could do is get what I paid for back?Flight One and Eaglesoft was a simple process and I am back in business. Seems you ought to be able to get what you pay for-especially in today's world of piracy. Why penalize legit supporters?http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest DreamFleet

Never had a problem with them, and while I have known (for many years) and have met Miguel Blaufuks, who is an honest gentleman, you can be certain that such a relationship has nothing to do with my experience with them.It's not like he sees every order and says: "There's an order from Lou Betti, let's treat him special".Not the case, not even close.I would not worry about using them, Ryan. As to the quality of the product you purchase, that is up to you, not SimMarket to determine.Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Guest Seadog

I'm sorry to hear of that, Geoff. I haven't been bitten by that problem, or I'd perhaps have a slightly less sanguine view of the matter. Just being reminded by your post about that potential issue has redoubled my commitment to making an external copy as soon as the download is done - or buying the re-download insurance. While that is a major matter regarding convenience and friendliness to the user, it doesn't strike me as directly touching on the issue of how reputable Sim Market is.Maybe the reason the issue has never caught up with me is that I build my own computers and never, ever, have everything on just one hard drive. I load the OS and most program files on C:, load FSX on D: and keep all user data files and downloads on E:. Plus, I keep making backups.That's all fine and wonderful for me, but I do sympathize with the problem you've highlighted. Not being a victim of it, though, I was never moved to urge Miguel, or prod him through Francois, to change that policy. Perhaps it would be a reasonable project for those troubled by the policy to undertake.-Doug

Simmarket is very reliable. I have bought several items that I could have bought some where else and the price was right and the keys were there when I needed them. I have never had a problem.Joe W.

Once you have made your purchase you get a download link in your account that is active for 30 days and gives you a maximum of 10 downloads. Obviously you will want to back up anything you download, common sense really. You can go back into your order history at any time to recover serial numbers for your purchases, and if an update or patch is released for any products you will get the download links added to your order history.They also offer an extended download service that can be applied retrospectively to any order you made in the last year. For 4 Euros you will get 999 downloads that are active for 1 year.Whether or not you want to do business with a company that charges you to redownload your purchases after 30 days is up to you :)You should also bear in mind the fact Simmarket has a no-refund policy. Once the money has changed hands that's it!As a previous post said, Simmarket will sell ANYTHING. There's some really great stuff on there but there is also a #### of a lot of chaff!I've spent more money at Simmarket over the last four years than I care to admit, and the only problem I've had is when I purchased the Condor Glider Simulator - I tried to download it 6 times, each time the download failed. Bearing in mind I only had 4 downloads remaining I contacted Simmarket's customer support and was basically told "There's nothing wrong at our end, it's your problem." Not very helpful. I managed to download it on the 8th or 9th attempt :)Bottom line is if you see something you like on Simmarket then by all means go for it, but just remember the words "caveat emptor" - no refunds and very poor customer support if you have any problems!

I have purchased from them a few times and haven't had any problems.Just follower procedures and make notes and even take screen shots to keep pertinent data.

Guest United

I understand your disappointment, but it seems that you were victimized by Microsoft and Vista, not Simmarket. I've bought, at last count roughly 50 flawless purchases from Simmarket and only once, because of my own stupidity, did I have to pay to have a purchase re-authorized because I did not archive it correctly. I agree that E-Commerce with Flight1 and others is probably a superior seller, but Simmarket's policies have been around for a very long time and we all know what the deal is there. Randy Jura, KPDX

Absolutely victimized by Vista. But I still think if you pay for something you ought to be able to get it-especially when saving the manufacturer the cost of cd's/shipping.I did and do understand their policies though. I for one just will probably avoiding buying from them in the future and instead going for Flight One, fsd, eaglesoft, and others like them as I anticipate other possible Vista fiascos in the future...:-)http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/