Sign in to follow this  
mgh

How reputable is SimMarket?

Guest JIMJAM

Plz explain this "Vista" problem.BTW- I have my backups on dvds and on external hd.Any advice or problems I might run into when I go kicking and screaming into Vista 64?

Guest UlfB

Ryan,Simmarket distribute high quality add ons and pure garbage. It's important to understand that Simmarket seems to take a very low level of responsibility for what they distribute.Whenever you buy a download you have to tick a box where you agree to not having the right of a refund. I prefer distributers, like Flight1, that give you the option of a refund. Anybody know of someone actually receiving a refund from Simmarket?Regarding the business transactions with Simmarket, I've never had any problems. The only problems I've had is with the garbage they did sell and still might be selling (Aviograsf Airbus for FS9 - what a disaster).I hope that E-business will be regulated regarding the consumer market and that refunds will become mandatory. The Flight1 policy is excellent!Ulf B

Guest abulaafia

I have stopped buying from them because their customers service is always either extremely rude, or non-existent, and they offer no refunds, which is already in violation of EU regulations, but they just haven't been caught yet.

Well I bought it, the transaction went smoothly. I received an email with serial key, and of course backed up the exe file to another location. Excellent product, and he has a support forum too.Recommended!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I don't like the fact that they charge for redownloads. Then again, you're supposed to keep all your files secure....I wish there was an option to buy a reduced redownload package for all your addons. I prefer Flight1's generous redownload policy.ricardo

"...offer no refunds, which is already in violation of EU regulations..."Not neccesarily. The UK regulations (which reflect EU regulations) exclude:"the supply of audio or video recordings or computer software if they are unsealed by the consumer2Once you have downloaded and installed computer software onto your PC I suggest it can be regarded as "unsealed"

Guest UlfB

>"...offer no refunds, which is already in violation of EU>regulations...">>Not neccesarily. The UK regulations (which reflect EU>regulations) exclude:>>"the supply of audio or video recordings or computer>software if they are unsealed by the consumer2>>Once you have downloaded and installed computer software onto>your PC I suggest it can be regarded as "unsealed"Thanks,This seems like a good contribution to the discussion. But if I break a seal and discover that the software doesn't function as described by vendor? An extreme example might clarify my question: What if I purchase and download a text file editor, and when editing the fsx.cfg file I discover that the editor have no save functionality? I can only view text files with the program. Should the vendor get away with a "no refunds"? What if I purchase an add on aircraft, and when trying to install, Vista reports that this installer isn't compatible with Vista (no requirements mentioned by the vendor)? What if you order a digital camera and receive a brick?I presume that the EU regulation that you mention doesn't cover those cases where the advertised functionality aren't delivered.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

"I presume that the EU regulation that you mention doesn't cover those cases where the advertised functionality aren't delivered"In the UK sales would generally be governed by various Sale of Goods Acts and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002 in particular. In general:"Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale).