Sign in to follow this  
Guest s0436

Is there a way to reduce AI traffic at specific airports?

Guest s0436

A freeware AI traffic manager programme if possible. For example, I would like to reduce the AI traffic at O-Hare airport so I can actually land there without fps being about 2fps.

Hello,I believe AIFlightplanner by Don Grovestine here in the library will do what you are asking about. Search the library in FSX Utilities, it should be there.Thank you,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

Guest s0436

I've tried that programme and looked in the help section but I can't find anywhere that says you can reduce the % of AI traffic.

If it were me ,I'd turn down the traffic slider before the approach. 50% or lower seems to be what many people are using. Also, you may need to turn down scenery sliders. AIflightplanner is a fantastic program. In your case, I think you would have to use it to rewrite the main traffic file. Possible, but I think it would be easier to turn down the slider. Go fsdeveloper.com and check out the aiflightplanner forum.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest s0436

It's a shame there isn't a programme for FSX that allows you to select the traffic.bgl files and then select an airport and reduce % of AI at that airport.

>It's a shame there isn't a programme for FSX that allows you>to select the traffic.bgl files and then select an airport and>reduce % of AI at that airport.It may be a shame, but it's not so simple to do that. The flight plan would have to be decompiled and recompiled with different % for just that airport, meaning each flight plan that went to that airport would have to be modded.That could be 100's of flight plans, and it would affect every other airport that this aircraft visited.Really the best option is right in FSX: The AI traffic sliders.Also configuration sets: available in the FSX menus, this allows you to have a BIGCITY.cfg file to load when nearing big cities/airports. This can be a life-saver at the low-fps places.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.16 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest s0436

I've decided to just compile a list of the busiest airports and set AI traffic every time I fly there. I currently have traffic at 100%, but when I am flying to Chicago O'Hare, for instance, I will have it at 77% AI traffic, at least I should get around the 10fps mark then.

The AI system is really best when your absolute max is 80%.I suggest you go to something like 30% or 50% tops at a place like O'Hare.Then save that configuration; then you can load it at any time from within FS. No need to mess with the display settings all the time.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.16 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I always set mine at 50%.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

There is no absolute 'best' figure for AI traffic percentage. It all depends on the airport you are flying into (or out of), the number of other big airports in the locality (at least two, in the case of London and NYC), whether you are using the My Traffic, Ultimate Traffic, or a 'roll your own' set of traffic files.I like 100% real-world UT Traffic when my system can manage it, but that's not always possible depending on the complexity of the aircraft I'm flying. So what works for me is a facility in the payware version of FSUIPC, which allows you to set traffic levels to any percentage you want with a single key press. So I have:T (total) = 100%R (reduced) = 50%E (empty) = 0%...which are of course next to each other on the keyboard. Going down in percentage causes no interruption to flight, and higher FPS kick in within a few seconds. Going up brings up the 'loading bar' for a few seconds only, then the new aircraft are instantly present. So flying out of La Guardia, for example, I have 100% while at the gate and taxying out, so I'm surrounded by aircraft. Nearing the runway, I drop to 0%, so by the time I'm lined up my FPS are at an acceptable level for takeoff. Once in the climb I go back to 100%. Arriving at the destination, I leave it at 100%, or go down to 50 or zero depending on its traffic level and overall complexity. It's a very effortless way to balance traffic and flying smoothness.PS I've tried using AIFlightplanner to decompile the UT traffic file, remove traffic from specific airports, and then recompile. However the recompile always fails because of errors in the original UT traffic file, which I've been unable to get rid of.Petraeus

Petraeus

Guest s0436

Every FSX is different, I only have PAI and WOAI files installed, and that is by no means not every single airline they have posted either. If I had it at 75% in Australia, for instance, I would be lucky to hear one AI interaction with ATC.