Sign in to follow this  
Guest uncyden

rumble sounds in shutdown cockpit

Guest uncyden

I've previously posted regarding ambient rumble sound in a shutdown cold and dark cockpit. I've since discovered that unchecking (or reducing volume of) enviroment in sound setting cuts these annoying sounds.It also gives a much cleaner, crisper prop engine sound in flight in my opinion. One problem is that it also cuts rain and wind etc. enviroment sounds. Does anybody with a better understanding than me of the FSX program know what file is loading here and where or have a general fix for this.....cheersDennis

Guest fsxmissionguy

Which aircraft?

Guest uncyden

Kevin....I've only tested enviroment shut off on default Baron 58 and learjet and addon Dakota. I was even getting the rumble when I loaded default glider but haven't tested this yet.

Guest uncyden

>Which aircraft?I originally tested glider to isolate any APU or other sounds that may not shut off with cockpit shutdown. Just re-tested glider and the enviroment sounds exist and can be shutdown here also. I dont know if this is unique to my (or some) systems but maybe the FSX idea is that no cockpit is completely silent at shutdown and I can reduce it to a bearable level and still allow wanted enviroment sounds.Apparently it's a bit of a pain for aircraft modelling.Still wouldn't mind finding a logical fix.Dennis