Sign in to follow this  
Mace

King Air Wanted

Is there anybody offering a King Air for FSX with a good VC. I love to fly the Default but the textures are not that great.

Jim Wenham

Aeroworx is working on a B200.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Yes there is the (freeware) AFS King Air in the file lib here at AVSIM. It is a regular King Air (not the Super King Air) but it flies great and has a good VC.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.16 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Don Stone

Re AFS King Air. I wholeheartedly second/support Rhett's comments. I have flown nothing else now for at least 7 months and am still a great supporter of this aircraft. Got for it.... ;)

I dont see it in the library. Im only looking for FSX aircraft.

Jim Wenham

afg_b300_v10.zip in the library, it's an FS9 aircraft so not sure what issues if any it might have, guess I'll check it out as I miss the Aeroworx B200 as well.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest George M

There's also a [a href=http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=afg_b300_v101_update.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search]1.01 update[/a] for the AFG plane here at AVSIM. FlyingsCool.com has an FSX update for it as well. I can't find it by navigating their site, so here's a [a href=http://flyingscool.com/files/FSX/AFGB300FSX.zip]direct link[/a].I have FSX Acceleration (DX9) and the only problem I've seen is the typical prop disc problem in the outside view. Since I spend most of my time in the plane that doesn't bother me much. I haven't flown it much, but it looks pretty good.

It works 100% in FSX.If I remember right, I fixed the prop disk issue too. I fixed it on some FS9 aircraft, and I can't remember offhand if the AFG King Air was one of them.If the prop disc texture is separate, you can fix it easilyRhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

Guest George M

>It works 100% in FSX.>>If I remember right, I fixed the prop disk issue too. I fixed>it on some FS9 aircraft, and I can't remember offhand if the>AFG King Air was one of them.>>If the prop disc texture is separate, you can fix it easilyAre you running FSX SP2? I've fiddled with the textures but can't get it 100% right in the exterior view. My understanding was that the issue was with the models themselves when bringing FS9 planes into FSX SP2. Unfortunately, even though the Flying'sCool update includes new models, they aren't true FSX models.

>>It works 100% in FSX.>>>>If I remember right, I fixed the prop disk issue too. I>fixed>>it on some FS9 aircraft, and I can't remember offhand if the>>AFG King Air was one of them.>>>>If the prop disc texture is separate, you can fix it easily>>Are you running FSX SP2? I've fiddled with the textures but>can't get it 100% right in the exterior view. My understanding>was that the issue was with the models themselves when>bringing FS9 planes into FSX SP2. Unfortunately, even though>the Flying'sCool update includes new models, they aren't true>FSX models.Yes I know the issue you are talking about with the clouds thru the props.I am going to move the AFG King Air over to my new computer soon. I have not done that yet. When I do, I am going to take a look at the props.I could swear I fixed them on my old computer, and it was FSX SP2.If the props are a separate texture, it can probably be fixed; on another aircraft I substituted the prop texture from the default King Air. I can't remember what I did to the AFG one. There are other ways to do it besides substitution, too.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

I wasn't aware you could fix the clouds thru the props issue Rhett, I know with scenery objects I have to recompile with the new parameters in the FSX gampack. I assumed it would be the same with aircraft, would love to know if there is a fix.Helpful thread, she's not bad and good FPS in FSX, wish the VC was more detailed, but overall a nice find.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

>There's also a [a>href=http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=afg_b300_v101_update.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search]1.01>update[/a] for the AFG plane here at AVSIM. FlyingsCool.com>has an FSX update for it as well. I can't find it by>navigating their site, so here's a [a>href=http://flyingscool.com/files/FSX/AFGB300FSX.zip]direct>link[/a].Thanks for the link. I downloaded and installed per the instructions provided. The new aircraft show up in the selection pane, but I get an error indicating the model can't be loaded when I make any of the selections. Any obvious reason why?ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

Sorry for the double post. My error.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

Guest George M

>I wasn't aware you could fix the clouds thru the props issueActually, turns out that's not the issue I'm having. I think I was wrong when I said I had the "typical" prop problems. What I have is kind of a hybrid X-Ray/opaque disc that blocks clouds, but makes other objects invisible. Much like this:http://george.headroar.com/temp/ka300_prop.jpgTweaking the alpha channel will change the opacity, but not the weird behavior.The props look OK from the VC though and that's where I spend most of my time. It's waaaay too cold out there!