Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

Heat Shimmer Effect for FSX?

Greetings to all, I see a heat shimmer effect in the library for FS9. Will that work in FSX? I hate to assume it will and be wrong, so I ask first. If it does not is there one that will work for FSX? Thank you,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

Yes, it works fine in FSX. Check out the AlphaIndia Group website and forum for many of the applicable AI settings for shimmer and light enhancements too.http://www.alpha-india.net/ -> "Enhance Your AI"Also, check-out my "Special Effects" paragraph in my AI post here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=446699#446924Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Excellent info! Thanks for the reply Al.Have a Great Day!KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

Don't put that on your AI aircraft especially if you have dense airport traffic.My experience with it in both FS9 and FSX is that once the aircraft start taxiing and the airport fills up with moving aircraft framerates drop gradually to the point that becomes is a slideshow. And even once you depart the airport framerates stay that way.I usually start my flights 45-60 minutes prior to departure. By the time I was ready to depart, the framerates had dropped from 45 to 9.I spent hours putting the heat shimmer on all my AI aircraft...and then spent hours removing them!I've heard the same from many people using dense AI, epecially in FS9 where it can easily support 100% AI traffic at a huge airport like O'hare or JFK.