Sign in to follow this  
Coral Sea

Question for the Brasileiro simmers

The other day I was watching this video by Navigator Productions called Controle Brasil 2 on youtube.com. At the 2:32 mark in the video there is a short sequence from a VC where they make an approach into an unknown airport that is surrounded by high rise buildings. It looks like it maybe in S

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wow, no Brazilian simmers here or any one that flys in that area. I would have thought there was a few. I guess I will need to work on my Portuguese so I can post on the Brazilian forums. -:)

Guest fsxmissionguy

Do you have Acceleration?The area around Sugar Loaf has been (I believe) dramatically improved due to missions that were created for the AgustaWestland EH101. If I am not mistaken, Santos Dumont (SBRJ) also was improved.This is one of my favorite areas to fly in. I am constantly surprised at how real ACES manages to make the world look inside FSX. Here's a couple of comparison shots:Sugar Loaf Mountain (Real Life):http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189680.jpgSugar Loaf Maountain (FSX Acceleration):http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189681.jpgChrist The Redeemer (Real Life):http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189684.jpgChrist The Redeemer (FSX Acceleration):http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189683.jpgIt's not a match building-for-building, but its pretty good.Cheers,

>The other day I was watching this video by Navigator>Productions called Controle Brasil 2 on youtube.com. At the>2:32 mark in the video there is a short sequence from a VC>where they make an approach into an unknown airport that is>surrounded by high rise buildings. It looks like it maybe in>S

Francisco Aguiar

Thanks guys for the replies. I had World Sceneries Congonhas for FS9, but they haven't updated it for FSX from what I have seen. I really loved that scenery for FS9. I had tried the Tropical Sim Rio/Santos Dumont for FS9 but didn't really like it as much as the freeware Rio V8 here in the library. Although that was also for FS9 and hasn't been updated for FSX. I really don't mind the default FSX Rio area much. If someone eventually uploades and FSX AFCAD for Santos Dumont I will surely download it, especially if they add the jetways at least. BTW, I don't have Acceleration, but from the screen shots posted at the top of the thread my default Rio area looks about the same.What I was really interested in was that area in the video with all the high rise autogen buildings. It looks like the Sao Paulo area, but even when I had World Sceneries Congonhas installed in FS9 with autogen and scenery detail to max it didn't look like that.What controls where autogen is placed? Is it the landclass? Perhaps I need a landclass update for the Sao Paulo area to add more high rise buildings. It's a very densely populated area. I also can't stand the autogen objects in that area, a bunch of 5 sided building that look like Honeycomb Cereal.Sean

Hi,I'll take a look at the video when I get back home and let you know. I am at the work now and Youtube is blocked here.Cheers from Brazil.

Hi again.I checked the video, it is Mega Sao Paulo for FS2004 not FSX. If you still use FS9, check the MEGA SAO PAULO scenery from Paulo Ricardo (http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=mega+sao+paulo&CatID=root&Go=Search), you'll have tons of buildings in the right place. Take care,Joselito Sousa - SBGR - FSX NowSao Paulo - Brazilhttp://www.smart.dj/imagens/forum_avsim.jpgVISTA BUSINESS ASUS P5W DH DELUXE QUADCORE Q6700 @ 2.67GHz no OCSapphire HD3870 512MBCorsair XMS2 Xtreme - 4 GB (CL5 - 1.9 V)PSU ANTEC 500WDUAL DVI Samsung 19" 940BF

Oi como vai, lol.Thanks for the reply Joselito. Unfortunately I am using FSX and right now it seems that there is a lack of good scenery for Sao Paulo and the Rio area. Heck, Santos Dumont doesn't even have jetways. Do you know if Paulo Richardo is planing on updating any of his photo scenery for FSX? I would really love to have this scenery for FSX. I have checked the Terra Brasilis forum but didn't see anything, or read anything that I could understand. I am very limited in my Portuguese, and hate to pester my girlfriend to translate pages of forum topics. I would appreciate any other help or hints you can give me on "fixing up" Brazil with better AFCAD's for SBRJ, SBSP, SBGR and SBGL and/or airport enhancements that are from commercial. I really loved the World Scenery stuff for FS9 but they also haven't updated for FSX. Thanks in advance.Ciao,Sean

Hi Sean, how are you?One of the reasons we delayed doing Santos Dumont/SBRJ for so much time was because the airport was under a major rebuilding, being added a new pax terminal and brandly new jetways, along with a big taxiway redesign.As soon as we got enough visual information of how the airport became, at the end of the transformation work (late 2007) we started doing it, and believe me, you can compare actual pics of the airport with our scenery screens and see that the scenery is very detailed indeed and really looks like the real one as it is by now.We released Santos Dumont for both sims: FS9 and FSX. Whoever ordered it received two independent installers, and I may say that FSX version of SBRJ was done under FSX SDK, being a very frame friendly and totally FSX project.As here in Brazil the majority of our clients uses Rio-V8 and Mega-S