Sign in to follow this  
Guest Urs Wildermuth

Airbus package, which is better? Wilco or CLS?

Guest Mark2112

I am considering an airbus package for FSX and I am considering these two packages. I am not too concerned with ultra realism, just steady performance without too many bugs. Any help would be great since they both look quite similar. Thanks!Mark

Guest fsxmissionguy

Mark,Which Airbus? There are many models.I noticed that the Airbus A380 by Wilco comes with missions!Heh.

Guest UlfB

Nah,@the missions guyIt's the missions that come with an Airbus ;-)@OPI purchased the Wilco Airbus Series Vol 1, and after a reinstall of FSX, I never bothered to reinstall that airbus. But I'm used to fly high quality add ons from developers like PMDG and LevelD, so my judgement of the Wilco Airbus might not be valid for you.I've never considered buying a CLS Airbus. If you don't care about accurate modelling of systems and such, the CLS might be a good add on for you.I had high expectations on this Airbus: http://www.airliner-xp.com/but that project seems to be completely dead or at least in some kind of idle state.PMDG have plans for an Airbus, but I guess that one will probably be released as an FS11 add on.Ulf B

Guest fsxmissionguy

UlfB wrote: "It's the missions that come with an Airbus ..."I like the way you think, sir."Get your free Airbus when you buy this here fine set of missions!"Seriously though. You will want the A380 by Wilco. I haven't seen the others, but this one is definitely a nice aircraft and lots of systems integration. I'm no expert in this area, but I knows what I likes.Here's some vid of the missions. And you get a free A380! What's not to love!http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.com/mo...=article&sid=54Cheers,

Guest Mark2112

I guess I should have mentioned the actual models! I was thinking of the A-330 to the A340 sets. Although the Wilco A-380 sounds neat.Mark

I am using the CLS job released through Justflight and found that it is really tough on frame rates and it isn't fully compatible with FSX and Acceleration. Some of the knobs in the virtual are see through!The CLS airbus looks great in FS9 though!I had some experience with Vol2 of the Airbus package from Wilco and for what it was it was good... Sure, it has its bugs, but it still runs well.

You need the CLS sp2 Acceleration patch at their website for the A330 and A340.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest unixoid

wilco doesn't even run on 64-bit vista...

Guest Urs Wildermuth

>I am considering an airbus package for FSX and I am>considering these two packages. I am not too concerned with>ultra realism, just steady performance without too many bugs. >Any help would be great since they both look quite similar. >Thanks!>>MarkHi Mark, two things need to be said here. The CLS Package has extremely nice visuals, however its Cockpit looks like an Airbus but has about the same system level than the MSFS A321. It is stable, no question, nice to look at and flies ok, as long as you don't expect it to fly like an Airbus. The Wilco packages are not as nice to look at, they are stable enough on my system but not on others but primarily and foremost, they are the closest thing you can get which behaves and flies like a real airbus. It is the only Airbus available for FSX which has a Fly by Wire system deserving the name, it has a fair representation of the systems and a very good representation of the flight instrumentation. The fidelity level of the FMS is good, once again, it is important to say that it IS an Airbus FMS and not something that just looks like it. If you are after something that looks like a good Airbus but does not even need a manual and you are not interested in learning what the Airbus Philosophy is all about, by all means go with CLS. If you however want to learn what it is that sets the Airbus world apart from, say, Boeing, then you won't have any choice but buy the Wilco Package. A lot has been said about them, some good, some bad, a lot has been criticized by those who fly Level D or PMDG. Yes, the Wilco Pack is not on that level, nor does it aspire to be. However, despite some very acclaimed "soon" to be released "real" airbusses, which we all are waiting for since 2 years, up to the present day, the Wilco/Feel There Airbusses are the only ones which can claim they represent what an Airbus is all about. Best regardsUrs Wildermuth

Guest JacobKoziarz

Urs,Thank you for your post - you just answered almost all my questions and saved me the disappointment of getting one of the existing airbus sims. I just have one more:After mastering PMDG 747-400, I started, like others I guess, to think about an Airbus sim. From your post it looks like there's nothing out there that would match the level of PMDG 747-400.What are those "soon" to be released "real" airbuses ???Thanks.Jacob.

Guest JacobKoziarz

Actually, are there ANY other heavies that come close ?

Guest Urs Wildermuth

Hi Jacob, >Thank you for your post - you just answered almost all my>questions and saved me the disappointment of getting one of>the existing airbus sims. I just have one more:>>After mastering PMDG 747-400, I started, like others I guess,>to think about an Airbus sim. From your post it looks like>there's nothing out there that would match the level of PMDG>747-400.>>What are those "soon" to be released "real" airbuses ???>Basically what happened was that when the Feel There bus came out, immediately two other projects were mentioned in the fora, one was called Airliner XP and the other one Airsimmer or something like that. "Fans" or rather fanatics of both of these sims started a "don't buy" campaign against the Feel There / Wilco bus, on the grounds that the new ones would be "much better" and "totally realistic to the last button" e.t.c, we all know how this works. That was, if I am not mistaken, 2 years ago. NONE of them have turned up. NONE of these projects are released. Maybe they are still working on them, maybe not. What did however anger me severely was that many users never got to actually FLY the Wilco Bus but only parrotted the smears by those who for whatever reason supported the two products which were said to be released within weeks. If you want to know what it is to fly an Airbus, you will not find any other addon which can tell you. The Wilco/Feel There A320-340 are the only ones which a) feature a believable Fly By Wire and which also include a good representation of the FMS. In the mean time, after doing the reviews for FlightXpress on them (I am a senior editor there since 10 years) I have logged a lot of flight time on the Wilco Busses and have not yet had a reason to complain. I have flown both the A320 and the A330 in full flight sims before the Wilco Bus came out and I was right at home when I got it. What do PMDG/Level D do better? Well, their system depth allows for flight in all sorts of abnormal conditions. They can be used as CBT for the real thing. The Wilco Busses won't allow that, or if so then only restricted. They are not done up to the last system failure, but they do allow a very realistic NORMAL OPERATION for the aircraft. If you are looking to simulate how to fly an A320 from A-B in normal operation, you will learn a lot. If however you want to experiment on what happens if Hydraulic System 3 has a stutter, sorry, can't be done. Graphically, also PMDG are better (outside model). Some people go to the trouble of merging the Wilco busses with better outside visuals, well, I am a pilot, not a spotter so I never bothered. Fact of the matter is tough, there ARE no better Airbusses around, I personally like the Feel There Busses (and the A380 v2 e.g. is not a PIC / Feel There product, make no mistake) and think that if you want to have a close look at how Airbus do things as opposed to Boeing, it will be difficult to bypass them. Other heavies, well there is the Level D Boeings around and the Digital Aviation Fokker 100 (FS9 only). The very best airliner around however but a totally different piece of equipment is the Project Tupolev TU 154, both the M and the B2 versions (FS9). Both are totally unmatched in realism so far. Best regardsUrs Wildermuth

Guest JacobKoziarz

Thanks a lot, yet again. I do realize that it takes years of development to produce a PMDG 747-400X level sim, just didn't realize that there are still so few around. Hopefully, when we all have octaquads and are ready for 50+ fps with any heavy sim - some "real" airbuses will come out. That little joystick will sure feel weird after all these years of having column right in front of me. No more interference with the ILS needles on PFD at least.Jacob.

>Basically what happened was that when the Feel There bus came>out, immediately two other projects were mentioned in the>fora, one was called Airliner XP and the other one Airsimmer>or something like that.the announcement sequence for the A32x products for the developers mentioned was actually -airsimmer then feelThere/wilco followed by airlinerXP.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/