Sign in to follow this  
greeneg

Bristol Beaufighter Wow!

No solution from me. Pinto, but I did install the aircraft many months ago, and had several enjoyable sorties with it. The Beau used to be a favourite aircraft of mine when I was a kid. I had no issues whatsoever, XP SP2, FSX SP1 and 2. In fact you'll find the sound is very different - it's an excellent rendition of the old Hercules engines. Cheers

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest Autolite
No solution from me. Pinto, but I did install the aircraft many months ago, and had several enjoyable sorties with it. The Beau used to be a favourite aircraft of mine when I was a kid. I had no issues whatsoever, XP SP2, FSX SP1 and 2. In fact you'll find the sound is very different - it's an excellent rendition of the old Hercules engines. Cheers
Well, if nothing else, you've encouraged me to work a little harder at finding a way to get this beauty airborne!!! :(

Sorry, Bader flew Hurricanes during the Second War until he was shot down and captured by the Germans.The most famous Beaufighter pilot that I can think of was John "Cat's Eyes" Cunningham, a renowned night fighter pilot who I believe won the VC during the War. He was later Chief Test Pilot for DeHavilland's.Ed GreenKCLT
http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg
Not quite right. Bader flew Spitfires as well, with No.222 Sqn and later on as Tangmere Wing Leader. And of course he was shot down (or as he maintained, collided with a Bf 109..) in a Spitfire.And Cunningham was not awarded the VC.IanEGLL

Guest Autolite
I would like to ask if anyone else has ever seen this before or knows of a fix? This is the first and only aircraft on my FSX that I have ever seen do this. Thanks...pintoguy@telus.net
Okay, the problem was fixed by downloading and installing SP1. I had assumed that my version of FSX came with SP1. I was wrong. It's a rather shameful admission but if it helps out another 'newbie' then I'll live with the embarrassment... :(

Guest kwilson

Thanks Blair for pointing this out and thanks Dave Garwood for an excellent plane. I looove the 3D gauges and the sounds by Lawdog are excellent as well.

As a boost to civilian moral during the Blitz, Cunningham's successes in shooting down bombers at night were widely publicised.These were attributed to his exceptional eyesight.In fact of course the Beaufighter was the first aircraft to be fitted with radar, which had to be kept secret!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaufighter

ngxu_banner.png