Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Fly Tampa's Kai Tak is coming

The secret has been kept for more than 14 months and now Martin Brunken lifts the veil on his new project :--)Amazing!!http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.ph...6a106de3bd19af3

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Big thread on this scenery for FS9 in the FS2004 forum.Considering the performance issues with 3rd party heavies in FSX and the amount of detail at kai Tak it will be interesting to see what the performance is like.I am more than happy with 9 Dragons Kai Tak for FS9 so the purchase of FlyTampa Kai Tak will depend on the performance in FSX.

FS9???What's that??:--))*:-*

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest JIMJAM

I can understand the appeal of this approach and will be a must have for the heavies who fly over there.Except for the mission, I do not fly and have no plans to ever be on that side of the world.Looks incredible though.....

>FS9???>What's that??>:--))>>*:-* That would be the version of FS that flies smoothly with 3rd party aircraft, 3rd party scenery, 7+ level of clouds in ASv6 and max AA & AF :( ;-) :D

Yes and no.Obviously FS9 runs smoothly with everything maxed and all sophisticated addons.But was it true two years ago before the dual/quad core generation?No.And FSX will run smoothly in another year or two when new hardware will be on the market.That has always been the rule with FS, as far as I can remember FS3.0 in 1988 :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

>Yes and no.>Obviously FS9 runs smoothly with everything maxed and all>sophisticated addons.>But was it true two years ago before the dual/quad core>generation?>No.>And FSX will run smoothly in another year or two when new>hardware will be on the market.>That has always been the rule with FS, as far as I can>remember FS3.0 in 1988 :--)>Not necessarly. I only have an E8400, EVGA GTS 512, Asus Maximus Formula, and I run everything full bore, even AI, and have no problem with frames and smoothness. I had my FSX professionally set up by a third party company and didn't mess with it at all. So, it is possible now with current hardware and it will only get better.I for one will probably buy this scenery because of how cool it looks, and for the fact that I never got a change to try the 9 Dragons version on FS9.Do I wish FT had done another area instead? Yeah, we all have our favorite areas. In fact before they did St. Marteen I had never been there in the sim. Now, it's one of my favorite places to fly.The only downer to the new FT airport is going to be to rework all my WOAI to get some traffic in there. That's about the only thing I hate about devs doing closed airports.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There are some airports that need to be done..whether its still operation or not. Kai tak is one of em.and I am glad Fly Tampa is doing it.Those screen shots look stunning. Incredible! Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>>The only downer to the new FT airport is going to be to rework>all my WOAI to get some traffic in there. That's about the>only thing I hate about devs doing closed airports.I already did that when I released my FSX version of Kai Tak. There is a sepearte download for just FP's here at AVSIM that were current for 1998 by MRAI and I set them up for both the FSX TDBB type Flightplans and for the TTool FP's that WOAI uses. All you need are the AI Plane textures to match those older FP's. If you open Kai Tak you do not have to change anything over at VHHH with my VHHX and I am sure FlyTampa will have done the same thing.I also strongly recommend removing all parts of my FSX Kai Tak based on the pictures I am seeing at FT and when released go get FlyTampa's version.

Guest -BeNt-

Hey alright! I have the same setup except I have an eVGA 8800GTS 640MB and I have mine running full bore with real weather all the AI you can shake a stick at etc. I also went through a company that optimizes your computer and I couldn't have asked for more. Looks stunning everywhere I fly. This will be a really cool add-on for FSX, but the reworking the WOAI is going to be a complete pain in the rear.Same here with St.Maarten I never flew there until they released it, now at least once every few weeks I have to do a short set of hops from TNCM-TNFF-SABA and back. Man I love that area.

>Hey alright! I have the same setup except I have an eVGA>8800GTS 640MB and I have mine running full bore with real>weather all the AI you can shake a stick at etc. I also went>through a company that optimizes your computer and I couldn't>have asked for more. Looks stunning everywhere I fly. This>will be a really cool add-on for FSX, but the reworking the>WOAI is going to be a complete pain in the rear.>>Same here with St.Maarten I never flew there until they>released it, now at least once every few weeks I have to do a>short set of hops from TNCM-TNFF-SABA and back. Man I love>that area.Did you go thru fs-gs also? That's who did mine. The best money I ever spent on my flight simming. It's nice to run weather and AI full bore and not really sufer any consequesnces. :-) I also fly around St. Marteen at least once a week. I love flying my Level-D from San Juan to St. Marteen and Miami to San Juan to St. Marteen and back again. And of course flying my Real Air SF260 to St. Barts.FlyTampa's St. Marteen really got me hooked on there scenery and I will probably buy anything they put out for FSX..

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator