Sign in to follow this  
tanker

Loss of Keyboard Control

Hi Everyone,After flying for about an hour, I'm loosing some of my keyboard input. This happens when I'm flying with RC4 and usually an Eaglesoft product. What usually goes first is the V command which I have programmed to show the RC4 dialog (through FSUIPC 4.2.80, registered). Then the P (pause) key won't work, and the F10 key brings up the NAVlog instead of switching to the 2d panel. All my CH Yoke and Throttle Quadrant buttons still work and the aircraft flies normally. Frame rate is steady at 29 fps. Makes no difference when I switch to Windows mode. Switching views and/or bringing up sub panels seems to have no effect. I've checked that I have deleted the "V" command for capturing a screen shot. I do not have any third party sceneries, textures, etc. After a while, perhaps 10 mins or so, the keys begin to work normally again. Any ideas about what I could look for?Dale

Dale

I have had a similar issue from day 1 with FSX, although in my case I lose keyboard input all at once. I suspect this may be a variant of the menu issue reported by many others. I can fix the loss of keyboard control (temporarily) by hitting the windows button (next to space bar) and then opening the task manager (ctl-alt-del), then highlighting FSX and clicking the 'Switch To' button in the Task Manager dialog box. This puts me back into FSX with keyboard input restored. Maybe this will work for you. Maybe it won't.Alternatively, if I'm willing to put up with lower quality graphics, I can prevent the problem occurring by using the default graphics settings, enabling AA within FSX, and ensuring that the global graphics settings are the same as the profile graphics settings in every respect (obviously this is for nVidia cards). Unfortunately, this means I can't use nhancer's better settings. Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Thanks Noel,I'll give that a shot on my next flight. I normally use Alacrity to shut down all background programs, but I can bring up task manager if I go to window mode first.Dale

Dale

I'm having exactly the same problem. I usually fly Eaglesoft planes, regularly use Alacrity and have a wireless Logitec keyboard and mouse. I am always able to use the mouse and the alt key and Del key, but sometime lose the F- keys as well as the alpha keys. The shift+Z key always seems to work, oddly enough. Sometimes it corrects itself and sometimes I have to exit FSX to regain control. I thought it had to be something with my setup, because I hadn't heard of anyone else having the problem. It's annoying, but not a showstopper for me.If anyone has come up with a solution, I would sure like to hear about it.Thanks

>I'm having exactly the same problem. I usually fly Eaglesoft>planes, regularly use Alacrity and have a wireless Logitec>keyboard and mouse. I am always able to use the mouse and the>alt key and Del key, but sometime lose the F- keys as well as>the alpha keys. The shift+Z key always seems to work, oddly>enough. Sometimes it corrects itself and sometimes I have to>exit FSX to regain control. I thought it had to be something>with my setup, because I hadn't heard of anyone else having>the problem. It's annoying, but not a showstopper for me.>>If anyone has come up with a solution, I would sure like to>hear about it.>>ThanksWow, it's good to hear it's not just me! I don't think it's related to Alacrity because I had this problem before I started using it. It's hard to get this problem to repeat, but I think it usually occurs after I change views and/or pull up a window. I usually fly Eaglesoft planes from the VC, but I often pull up 2d sub panels. Toward the end of the flight, RC4 asks me to say if I have the field and suddenly, I can't bring up the RC4 dialog or reply.Next flight, I'm going to try an FSD aircraft. If the problem happens again, Ill try the method Noel suggested.Dale

Dale

I always lose control of the zoom (+ and -) keys....usually after cyling through the external views.I still often get the CTD when exiting FSX due to 'Controls.dll'I have submitted the error 100's of times to MS but it never seems to do any good.Pete Dowson thought it was a corrupt controls.xml which I think is probably right as when I delete it and let it rebuild the issue goes away for a while although I have no idea what causes it in the first place!FSX can be a mystery some times!!

Guest j-mo

Whenever I lose control of the zoom keys after cycling views, I simply click my mouse in the view I am interested in and I get can then zoom again.YMMV.

Well, I finally got a chance to take a flight using FSX, RC4 and the FSD Navajo instead of an Eaglesoft product. Same result - just after the handoff to approach control, I lost most keyboard functions. The aircraft continued to fly normally, RC4 continued to give vectors. I tried switching to window mode, but no help. After about 5 mins or so, the keyboard functions were usable again.So it appears that Eaglesoft is not the problem (for me at least). That leaves us with FSX, RC4, and FSUIPC. I think I'll try switching back to a previous version of FSUIPC to see if that makes a difference.Dale

Dale

The latest release of FSUIPC (ver 4.3.0) seems to have cured the problem. I did a flight from MGY to KPIT, with RC4, and tried every view and menu I could think of, and the keys responded as they should. Recommend anyone having this problem try the latest update of FSUIPC.Dale

Dale

Thanks Dale, I'll give it a try...Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals