Sign in to follow this  
BobP

What Traffic program to buy

Guest -BeNt-

I would highly suggest World of AI. They use some of the best modelers and painters products, and the best part is, it's free!http://www.world-of-ai.com/Just download their installer and whatever packages you want to use, from that point on it's pretty self explainatory.

When I changed traffic programs in FS9 I used My Traffic. Today using FSX I really am impressed with My Traffic X, very frame rate friendly and the planes are not bad and you have a full range of airlines from around the world.Bob

>I would highly suggest World of AI. They use some of the best>modelers and painters products, and the best part is, it's>free!>>http://www.world-of-ai.com/>>Just download their installer and whatever packages you want>to use, from that point on it's pretty self explainatory.Yeah, i would have to agree. I had Ultimate Traffic on my FSX for about two days before I uninstalled it and downloaded all the WOAI packages. They have a lot of packages and are currently adding. Just make sure after you install that you go into your scenery/world/scenery pluck out the new .bgl each airline creates and run it thru AIFPC and then put the new .bgl back into the scenery/world/scenery folder, that way FSX will run all the new .bgl's together. Don't forget to remove the stock traffic .bgl. Also you may want to run all the new texture folders that are created for the new airliners thru the batches_imagetool_included.zip/aircraft_make_dxt3_MipMap program that will convert all the textures to DXT3 for better frames and in some cases better looks. It's a few hours of work but well worth the results. I can now run full 100% traffic and not notice any real difference in frames.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If you can handle the lack of real schedules then MyTrafficX is good. You can choose between a DX9-compatible and DX10-compatible set up where the DX10-Compatible models are a bit nicer. There are some stinker models in MyTrafficX, which is likely why it is so good on frame rates. The WorldOfAi stuff is indeed good as well, however when you want a turn-key solution, something like MyTrafficX is probably best. I used to be a UltimateTraffic guy, but the product is lacking in the FSX version as it is a port-over. The Ultimate Traffic FSX version also removes shipping traffic and any other largely FS9-based traffic file will do the same. This could be a concern/issue for you if you are using the WoAI stuff.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest JIMJAM

There are enough built in hassles already and fooling with AI in either fsp or X is not for the easily discouraged.I have had Mytraffic since its start and it has finally matured.I want LOTS of various types of traffic including military and helis and this is where traffic is best.Now it can auto patch,update and even change the year you want,say vintage airlines,current ect.Some of the models are VERY basic but I am not a ramp watcher. I just want lots o planes.And if you are flying and can spot the missing gear or the tail numbers are missing, then you are to dam close!!!You can vary the detail but I keep them basic so I can fill the skies.It allows you to disable the default traffic and now I can run 20-40% traffic with little hit.

Guest Mower

I bought UTX earlier this year but am not happy with the lack of updates or functionality in FSX.MTX may be viable.But how can a freebie like World of AI have regular updates and be robust? I may switch to that, their website looks encouragiong.

>>I would highly suggest World of AI. They use some of the>best>>modelers and painters products, and the best part is, it's>>free!>>>>http://www.world-of-ai.com/>> Just make sure after you install that you go>into your scenery/world/scenery pluck out the new .bgl each>airline creates and run it thru AIFPC and then put the new>.bgl back into the scenery/world/scenery folder, that way FSX>will run all the new .bgl's together. Don't forget to remove>the stock traffic .bgl. >>OK, this still confuses me. If I understand correctly, NOT doing this causes FSX to NOT use it's native AI. Considering that I'm switching to WOAI to improve framerates with AI, why would I want to keep the FSX AI?Or have I missed something here? Seems to me that replacing the FSX AI with WOAI packages would accomplish that.Also, wouldn't just deleting the traffic.bgl accomplish that?Thanx!Q6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.65Evga 680i A1 with P31 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx XG 174.74 702/1620/792Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I have both and use UT for FS9 and the latest version of Mytrafficx for FSX. UT works great with FS9 and provides lots of traffic at the airports I fly to/from. I use FS9 almost exclusively for "heavy lifting". :) The PMDG freighter and the classic RFP. My only complaint with Mytraffic X is the beach ball size nav's and strobe's on the AI. As I understand it, it is a trade off for improved performance by placing the lights in the model. The lights do not change size with distance. Bob..