Sign in to follow this  
Mace

KDFW Runway 18L & 18R ILS Problem

Hello Gang!Anyone having issues capturing the ILS for runways 18L & R at KDFW? I have AFX and have opened the file several times to try to identify the issue but I can't figure it out. I know that the ILS for runway 36L was off out of the box - I fixed that with AFX, but the other end of these runways I can't get the airplane to catch the ILS'. The aircraft actually turns in the opposite direction (North)when flying into any of these runways and trying to shoot an ILS approach.Any help is appreciated!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Some one had a similar problem that seems to have been caused by using AFX to modify a nearby airport to the one with the ILS problem. Try removing any addon airports near KDFW (within 30 miles) and then try it.scott s..

Thanks Scott!Will definitely give it a try. I actually have a couple of airports I have modified; KTKI comes to mind as a recently updated airport with AFX.Thanks!Dennis!

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Dennis, I'm the "some one" Scott is referring to in his post. You can get full details about the problem and Scott's helpful analysis at this link:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=447390&page=2It took quite a while to diagnose the problem, so the subject line is way off base, and you need only pay attention to the last 5 or 6 posts to understand what's going on in a nutshell. Robert

Hello Robert!Thanks for the insight - GAWD this is disheartening as I am a heavy user of AFX. Hopefully there will be a fix of sorts in the future.Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

Hey Robert!Based on this information, I am suspect of Jim Cook's NAS Fort Worth. I just added this file recently. As soon as I get home I'm going to check it out.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

Guest JimC1702

That's most likely the culprit, Dennie. I've been working on Arlington, TX Municipal Airport, and after this came to light, I checked it in AFX. Sure enough, AFX had snagged ALL the navaids from the myriad of airports in the DFW area. I thought it would be simple to delete them, but in an area like DFW, it's a pretty daunting task.I'm really bumming. I was enjoying updating airports, and especially the military bases and had gotten a lot of good feedback on them. The last thing I wanted was to screw up people's other airports.I guess I'll be on hiatus until AFX gets fixed. Meanwhile I'll work on fixing the airports I've done already.Jim Dell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

Not using the SDK-compliant compiler has many unintended consequences.It's the same situation as with AI traffic bgl's.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

OMG.. I am screwed this.BTW... how can I check this. I am using AFX for my 52F Nothwest regional... Now, how do I check that it has not messed up other airports?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hello Gang!As I suspected........the minute I took out Jim Cook's NAS Fort Worth (KNFW) file, VOILA!!! Life was good again. All other airports in the Dalas/Ft. Worth area seem to be back to normal. The name of the file is (AFX_KNFW_JC.bgl) Not sure what is it about Jim's files that's causing this "heartburn", but I'm glad I didn't have to dig very deep to find the culprit - Dallas is a hughe area to go fishing for this kind of stuff. Knowing what I know about the AFX system now, I can't say it's Jim's fault per se.Do you guys have any recommendations regarding any other program (similar or better) than AFX for FSX????Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

Guest JimC1702

>OMG.. I am screwed this.>>BTW... how can I check this. I am using AFX for my 52F>Nothwest regional... Now, how do I check that it has not>messed up other airports?>>MannyManny,Open your airport in AFX. Click on View, then scroll down to Show Navaids. Then you'll have to zoom way out and see if there are Navaids shown in a radious around your airport. If there are, roll your mouse across them. If they say Stock, they are ok. If they say "User Added" or "User Modified", they shouldn't be there. Delete them. Then you should be ok.JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

Thanks Jim.BTW..I just realized for my current I am using ADE and not AFX. I do have AFX and use them. So its good to know.You may want to try ADE. I love it. Its awesome.http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/BTW..how is that Arlington coming along? I got my multi engine rating there and I fly there too. Its good know that you are doing Arlington muni. Is there a link where you have screenshots? :)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Glad you got it working. I took a look at the demo version of AFX. I see that it reads in all the nearby ILS and markers, not just for the airport of interest. It isn't clear to me why they designed it to do that. I see it is possible to drag these elements (actually, if you try to move a marker it just creates a duplicate at the new position). The demo doesn't allow a compile, so I don't know under what circumstances it will compile the ILS data from nearby airports into the final bgl file. These navaids don't show up in the list of navaids, so I don't know what AFX is doing.I've used both Airport Design Editor (ADE) and FSX Planner. Since ADE 1.25 (now ver 1.30) I've mainly been using ADE. Both require that the the SDK from FSX Deluxe be installed on your system, including service packs from fsinsider or the accel disk.scott s..

Hey Jim!No sweat man! Your input and contributions are greatly appreciated and I do enjoy and appreciate your addons. Hopefully they'll fix this thing.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

I am glad it wasn't anything in my DFW scenery that caused it. You saved me from doing some serious detective work.I used ADE v1.24 thru v1.30 to make my afcad-esque elements in the scenery, gmax and Photoshop for the Terminal D building, and so far, so good.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB