Sign in to follow this  
spilok

New Airbus 380 from Wilco looks good!

Guest UlfB

Anybody tried it yet?Is fly by wire working? Is an ILS approach and Autoland stable?Ulf B

Guest fsxmissionguy

I don't own that airplane (yet), but I can tell you that Wilco has historically included some fairly detailed manuals with their aircraft (I don't have all of their aircraft, so I can't say what comes with which aircraft.)I discovered that using a modern FMC is childsplay, once you understand its basic premise and operation. It's one of those things that looks complicated until you understand how to work it, and then feels extraordinarily basic. Like if you didn't know how to use a pushbutton phone, but then someone taught you how to do it.I can't give you a link to the manual that I learned this from, unfortunately, but you might ask of any purchasers whether this topic is covered in the manual for the just-released A380 V2.I would be very surprised if it wasn't covered thoroughly.Cheers,

Best tutorials I have seen come with the Level-D 767-300.The manuals that come with the package are excellent, but then they have gone a step further by releasing regular 'Level-D Operations' manuals that provide further detail in specific areas. FMC programming was one such 'special'.

Most of the detail seems to be in the passenger cabin.I'm waiting till the first reports come out Jay

Guest Shalomar

I don't own this bird, but the front page article said missions are included that cover cold and dark and many other scenarios. Hopefully that includes FMC operation.Best Regards, Donald T.:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest fsxmissionguy

I can tell you that there is one mission ... covering the Engine Start Procedure (going from cold/dark to having the engines started) and then recreating a maiden test flight (sorry, so more spoilers).The mission is offered in three difficulty levels and in four languages (English, French, German and Spanish) ... thus, the use of the term "missions."Cheers,

I really enjoyed the video on the Wilco site of their FSX Airbus 380. It looks good and has 3 levels of flying for various FS pilots. I'm tempted to buy it.I see the Navigation is FMC. I still do not know how to fly a heavy with anything but the FSX default GPS for navigation. I'm embarrassed to even admit that. I do most of my flying in GA and enjoy the VFR experience. I do fly bizjets and Lears but the FMC is something I just never learned. Perhaps there's an FMC tutorial with this plane.

>Anybody tried it yet?>>Is fly by wire working? Is an ILS approach and Autoland>stable?>>Ulf B>First flight. 615 miles till arlanda. I kinda just jumped in and took off from LFBO. Playing with the fmc i didn't get the autothrottle set and blew myself out of the sky at 600 kias . I'll wait till the morning to land with a fresh cup of coffee. You have to use the keyboard to turn on the instrument lights :-( . I thought the switches on the overhead panel would be functioning for that.Missing ATC, kneeboard and map icons on the main panel and its a little hokey to edit due to the new panel .dll files. I think mods have to be swapped thru the gps panel.I'll try that another time.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest UlfB

Daveo,I would appreciate if you could post two pics of the 2D panel, one in daylight and one with panel lighting on at night. There seems to be no screenshots showing the 2D panel at the Wilco site.Is fly by wire modelled and work ok? Did you do an autoland and how did the 380 behave during autoland?Ulf B

I would read some reviews about that product, or any product for that matter, before purchasing.

Perhaps we should nominate someone to review it, then all chip in and buy them a copy? :)Colin

Guest JIMJAM

I am one of the bravest "impulse" buyers out there. Just ask Simmarket...But I will leave this one for someone else to try.Besides, I do not think I could land it at my home field that 5000ft long. Its not 1/2 mile wide either. Geez the pilots and passengers in the back are in different times zones!

Given the developer and publisher, you'll want to wait until it is patched a few times...

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Good advice.....I will wait until I hear some reviews.