Sign in to follow this  
spilok

New Airbus 380 from Wilco looks good!

>Daveo,>>I would appreciate if you could post two pics of the 2D panel,>one in daylight and one with panel lighting on at night. There>seems to be no screenshots showing the 2D panel at the Wilco>site.>>Is fly by wire modelled and work ok? Did you do an autoland>and how did the 380 behave during autoland?>>Ulf B>Didn't forget ya. Just a long busy midsommar weekend. :(Autoland was ok on the first flight. Just takes some getting used to the controls, and with the kid running around all weekend it wasn't an easy task.Its not a Level-D but not bad. Definitely better then another one I bought. I was expecting more stuff on the overhead panel to work but oh well. Gonna have to figure out how to mod the panel a bit.Well off to Florida tomorrow for a month so my fleet will be grounded here for a bit.Have a good summer.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Where's "Mikey" when you need him? He'll try anything. (perhaps I am dating myself a bit with this)

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest UlfB

Daveo,Thanks a lot for the pictures and feedback on autoland. Excellent!You didn't have to many nubbar during midsommar, did ya?A good summer to you, as well :-)Ulf B

>Daveo,>>Thanks a lot for the pictures and feedback on autoland.>Excellent!>You didn't have to many nubbar during midsommar, did ya?>>A good summer to you, as well :-)>>Ulf B>None actually. Just a few becks and a BBQ.The second flight was aot better. Autoland hit the nail on the head at KALB. The FMC doesnt seem to bad either just different. Haven't tried any holding patterns yet either.So many FMC's so little time!!! :(

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest LCD1080

Can one import a flight plan into the FMC from the FSX flight planner with the new Wilco A380? I can do that with my Flight1 Pilatus PC-12 and it really saves time by not having to manually enter all of the ICAO waypoint codes. I'm undecided as to whether to buy the Wilco A380 or the new PDMG MD-11 which should be out shortly. If one plane permits flight plan importation to the FMC and the other doesn't I'll buy the one that enables the waypoint codes to be imported.

>I'm undecided as to whether to buy the Wilco A380 or the new>PDMG MD-11 which should be out shortly. This depends on what your definition of "shortly" is...

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

>Can one import a flight plan into the FMC from the FSX flight>planner with the new Wilco A380? I can do that with my>Flight1 Pilatus PC-12 and it really saves time by not having>to manually enter all of the ICAO waypoint codes. >>I'm undecided as to whether to buy the Wilco A380 or the new>PDMG MD-11 which should be out shortly. If one plane permits>flight plan importation to the FMC and the other doesn't I'll>buy the one that enables the waypoint codes to be imported.Yes the 380 imports FSX flight plans direct. Load with the flight planner as normal then hit the import flt plan key on the FMC.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest LCD1080

>>I'm undecided as to whether to buy the Wilco A380 or the new>>PDMG MD-11 which should be out shortly. >>This depends on what your definition of "shortly" is...Although they haven't given a release date the first post in the following Avsim thread gives me hope that it may not be too much longer:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...e=&topic_page=1

Guest LCD1080

>Yes the 380 imports FSX flight plans direct. Load with the>flight planner as normal then hit the import flt plan key on>the FMC.That's good news. Thanks. Hopefully the PMDG MD-11 will have a similar capability. I think I'll wait a while longer for it to be released at which time we'll know whether it does. By then there should be some good reviews of both planes that will make the decision of which one I should buy an easier one to make.

>>Yes the 380 imports FSX flight plans direct. Load with the>>flight planner as normal then hit the import flt plan key on>>the FMC.>>That's good news. Thanks. Hopefully the PMDG MD-11 will have>a similar capability. I think I'll wait a while longer for it>to be released at which time we'll know whether it does. By>then there should be some good reviews of both planes that>will make the decision of which one I should buy an easier one>to make. >I would think that comparing those 2 AC are like comparing apples and oranges. Unless its just the FMC issue. I'm waiting for the 737 NGX but might be retired by then. :(

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest LCD1080

>>>Yes the 380 imports FSX flight plans direct. Load with the>>>flight planner as normal then hit the import flt plan key>on the FMC.>>>>That's good news. Thanks. Hopefully the PMDG MD-11 will>have a similar capability. I think I'll wait a while longer for>it to be released at which time we'll know whether it does. >By then there should be some good reviews of both planes that>>will make the decision of which one I should buy an easier>one to make. >I would think that comparing those 2 AC are like comparing>apples and oranges. Unless its just the FMC issue. I'm waiting>for the 737 NGX but might be retired by then. I have the Wilco PIC 737 so I don't think I want another 737. I'm looking for a plane that has a range of at least 6,000 nm with an all glass cockpit. Both the MD-11 and the A380 fit that category. I can see what you're saying about comparing apples and oranges in terms of the size of the two planes. Do you see a similar apples and oranges comparison when looking at the instrument panels of the these planes? If so what are a couple of major differences in the instrumentation?

We'll be driving hovercars on hydrogen by the time the 737 NGX gets to us. When it comes to PMDG, don't hold your breath...

Jeff Bea

Guest singletracker

Well I bought it, And unforunately am a bit disappointed. I own quite a few Wilco products and have found the to be what I paid for given the limitations of Flight Sim. However these are the things I think a really lacking and make it an aircraft I wouldn't fly regularly.Visual Model:The 380 only has reversers on engines 2&3 (inboard)not all 4 as modeled.The rear cargo and bulk cargo doors are not modeled.Outboard Ailerons droop when flaps are extended.Body Gear doors retract after gear extension.Cockpit:EFIS CP missing Buttons (particularly Constraints)AF CP has one single FD button (above AP buttons) not individual FD buttons.Auto brake RTO button wrong place.Auto Brake Rotary switch not clickable in the VC (major oversight)BARO rotary PB not available in the VC (major oversight)Chrono button not clickable in the VC (annoying at TKO)Engine Masters in VC move but don't start/shutdown engine.The 380 has multi page MFD's not MCDU's as other Airbus aircraft do, therefore FMS is not representative of the real aircraft.No database procedures available (might be a work around haven't found it yet)MISC:Have had issues where I cant get the gear down from either keyboard,VC or 2D cockpit.Occasionally get the Altitude alert stuck on.(Both these may be due to saved state issues my end)Hopefully they can fix the cockpit things up, bar the MFD's (probably be too much work!)Make your own choice

Guest singletracker

After more Playing around with it.I now have Navdata including Procedures. I had to manually copy the files over from the Feel There Navadata to the A380v2 Nav folder. the Navigraph install won't do it.A couple of other things I noticed: The default view centered position in the VC is incorrect (to far Left). In the aircraft on center line you are looking down the right edge of the PFD with the centerline running pretty much between your legs.The Memo box on the PFD doesn't display all Memos, only selected ones in the Real aircraft (for instance APU Avail is only displayed on the EWD Memo Box not on the PFD)The Systems pages on the SD have changed in the A380 and are different from the 330/340 presentation depicted)FLT CTRL page is a good example.Still having problems getting the gear to come down. even starting from cold dark cockpit. Any ideas?