Sign in to follow this  
Guest apollothethird

How to access flights in "FLIGHTS" folder?

HiI am a bit mystifed as to how to access the flights in the "FLIGHTS" folder. This contains the default flight that the Sim first accessed when new. If I go to the "free flight" page and click on "LOAD", all I can access are my own saved flightsThanks for any helpBarry

BazzaDon't understand what could be wrongIf I use "free Flights" and "Load" I get all the flights loaded by software such as GEX and FEX, Aussim, Van+ to name a few.Under "Flight Planner" and "Load" I get all of the VFR and IFR flight plans that I have saved.Check this directory they should all be stored there:C:Documents and SettingsUSERNAMEMy DocumentsFlight Simulator X FilesUnder "Missions" I obviously get "Missions"(Tutorials, Missions and Lessons should all be stored in the main FSX folder in the appropriate sub-folder)The default flights are also in the main FSX folder perhaps you have lost the connection to the Documents and Settings etc directory?RegardsPeter Hayes

Hi Peter Thanks for that - but unfortunately I am not sure what you are saying.My saved flights are all in the MY DOCUMENTS/Flight Simulator X folder - and these are what show up when I go to LOAD in the freeflight page. I can also see the Missions also in the LOAD page.The FLIGHTS folder has the default startup flights in it - identical to how FS2004 did it - but I can't figure out a way to load these default flights in FSx. Perhaps they need to be transferred to the folder where Saved flights go?Regards Barry

Hi BarryIm not at my home PC right now, but as far as I remember you will find these flights in the category "Other" in the select Flights menuRegardsHenrik

Hello Barry, As you know, all your flights are in the My Documents directory structure.There is only 1 default flight - it is what you see when you load the initial user interface, the Free Flight option. The other flights in the FS XFlights|Other directory are for other language versions, at least in my copy of FS X.To change this default flight, either create a new flight or select one of your saved flights, and when saving it, check the "Make this the default flight" box.Best regards.Luis

Guest apollothethird

Hi, Barry. Not sure if you found what you were looking for. But in FS9 when you wanted to do a flight, you would either load your flights (under My Saved Flights) that you saved, or you

Hi LDThanks for that So far you are the closest to solving my little problem - as you said, in FS2004 both saved flights and the default flights were accessed via the LOAD flight page. In FSx, the LOAD Flight page only gets you access to any saved flights -- but, in my (default)FSx installation , I have a FLIGHTS folder in the FSx root directory which contains default startup flights, but they do not show up anywhere ( that I can see) under the LOAD Missions page. x( It's really not that important - just one of those little mysteries of life that I need to solve, else I can't sleep at night.In my FLIGHTS folder , there are a number of default startup flights - including one that starts in Japan. My challenge is for anybody to tell me how they access this flight. No theories on how to do it will be accepted - only a successful access to said flight :)Barry

BazzaThe flights are called OVER Puget soundOVER BarcelonaOver PolandetcIf you open the FSX sim and pause the default flight and then load a flight selecting "My saved Flights" you should see the "OVER series"they are the default flights. (over Puget Sound is the default Friday Harbor).Now to the bad news the Japanese default doesn't show up in any menu and when you right click on "default_jpn.flt" (all the others work this way) you get an error message 'Aircraft Initialisation has failed' and it then opens at the default screen, but you don't get to see Mt Fuji.All the default flights are here C:Documents and SettingsUserMy DocumentsFlight Simulator X Files and start with "default", eg default_enu.flt for the "English Friday Harbor" default flight. They are also found in the MAIN FSX directory under flights egDRIVE:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XFlightsother - and if RIGHT click on any of the *.FLT files and choose "OPEN WITH" choosing FSX and they will open FSX and put you in Poland, France, Germany, canada, or Barcelona or Italy but NOT Japan.Hope this helps - if not come down to NSW for the tutorial!!Peter Hayes

Guest apollothethird

Hi, Peter. I see. I hadn't noticed there were two Load options. There's one when you start FSX and another as you pointed out for when you pause a flight by clicking on the Flight menu. This gives an equivalent of the FS9 flight browse.The other flights that are not in the

BazzaThere is a fault in the FLT file called DEFAULT_JPN.FLTIf you open it with notepad and go to:(Sim.0) sq brackets in flt filetitle=Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint3and change this to read:(Sim.0) (square brackets in .flt file)Sim=Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint3and save the file. Now if you right-clock on it and select open with FSX it opens at Mt Fuji.Your sleepless nights are overPeter Hayes