Sign in to follow this  
meerkat

I give you an idea - would appreciate yours

Sometimes I take a SCENIC flight for short distances and sometimes I take flights for fairly long distances. Usually when I start up a flight everything looks nice, sharp and crispy, even starting out in KLAX.However, when I fly fast, above 500 mph, the terrain becomes fairly blurry and unpleasant to the eye. I usually have my SCENERY COMPLEXITY and AUTOGEN DENSITY set on VERY DENSE. I found out that in order to recapture my initial sharpnes all I have to do is change the setting.....only one, either the SCENERY or the AUTOGEN. It does not matter whether I go from VERY DENSE to EXTREME or vice versa. Apparently that REFRESHES the screen.For me that works just fine. Not a permanent cure, but it beats flying in blurriness for an extended time.If you have not tried it, give it a shot. If you have other ideas, I would appreciate them.Thanks.Abeq6850, 4gigs, abit 35 pro, ati 2900xt hd, XPPRO and VISTA 64

There is a command in FSX to "refresh scenery" that you have to map to a key combination. Once you do this you'll get the same effect as changing a scenery setting without actually having to change the setting.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

What have you done as far as the fsx.cfg file is concerned. There are a few things in there that can help. Take a look at the settings video I made, to see if that is any help. Note I had set my Texture Bandwidth Mult to 200 in the video, which worked fine, but I since moved it down to 100, which works just as well!.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Another good idea is to keep two sets of configurations for low 'n slow VFR (max out everything as far as your system can go with) and for high/fast IFR flights that you can reload before starting your flight. Setting Autogen to minimum for the latter config helps a lot with blurries as the scenery engine first of all draws the autogen, then tries to load the sharp ground texture MIP levels. You could even consider setting the ground texture resolution to 2 m - from FL 300 it will still look sharp.My 5 cts.

Thanks guys. Great ideas, I will check them all and report back.Abe