Sign in to follow this  
Guest garymccl

Wilco's Airbus Vol 1 Support

Guest garymccl

Hi everyoneI recently got a little frustrated waiting for PMDG and their Airbus product (I'm sure I'll buy it when it comes out), so I decided to try to Wilco A320 product.I've had some trouble! Now, I'm not posting here because I want to b*tch, I'm posting because I've tried to sign up to the feelThere forum, and they didn't send me the email with the link in it to open the account. They have an email address for support (forum@iemit.com), which I have tried, but but I get an "undeliverable - bad destination mailbox address" reply back. So, I'm trying here, becuase I can't go to their own forum for support.Anyway, that off my chest, I want to say that it's a great product, it has made me change from flying 2d cockpits to 3d cockpits, and it's like a new hobby, and I really enjoy it - it's a great challenge. I do have a couple of issues though;- when I take off, bring the gear and flaps up, reduce the throttle to the 'SPEED' detent, then hit the AP1 button, my plane goes into a serious climb, to the point where the speed bleeds away and I get the 'TOGA LK' message because I'm about to stall. How do I stop the climb like that? Is there a way of getting the plane to go straight into the 'VS' immediately when I hit the AP1 button?- my plane seems to have a mind of it's own with regards to when the gear should be raised/lowered. There are times when I'm taxiing that i can see the gear leaver coming up and going back down immediatley. This wouldn't normally be a problem, but it happened on short finals the other day, and ruined an otherwise perfect approach (for an amateur!)! lol. At 100ft, the gear went up and I crashed into the runway. The plane was fully aware I ws trying to land, the flaps were down full, speed brakes were armed and my altitude was being called out correctly. Now, the wind was quite blustery, but like I say I'm only an amateur, and I was managing it quite well - dead on the glide path and all that, so in real world terms, I can't imagine it was that bad. So why is my plane making this odd decision to raise the gear? (Also note, it has only happened once on approach.)Even though I can't register at their forum, I can read the posts and there appears to be alot of people saying they are having trim problems, although they don't seem to be exactly the same problem as me. Anyway, having bought the product about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I don't know if the version they gave me was patched. So I would like to know how I can tell, as the posts I was looking are quite old, and the problems may have been fixed.Any help would be greatly appreciated!ThanksGary

gary:>when I take off, bring the gear and flaps up, >reduce the throttle to the 'SPEED' detent, >then hit the AP1 button, my plane goes into >a serious climb, ...what type of controller are your using: joystick, yoke, keyboard? did you calibrate your controller device as outlined in the manual?>my plane seems to have a mind of it's own >with regards to when the gear should be >raised/lowered.there is no 'auto' landing gear function (in the r/w Abus or wilco/feelThere's). something about your keyboard/joystick/joke is sending the landing gear command to FSX. confirm you settings for the landing gear function.>... having bought the product about 2 or 3 weeks >ago, I don't know if the version they gave >me was patched. your version is up-to-date.>sign up to the feelThere forum, and they didn't >send me the email you can thank the hackers/spammers for this. the emailer program has a LARGE list of blocked ISPs. in addition your ISP may be blocking feelThere's email for the same reason.i know the registration process works as new forum users are posting each hour.as you did not receive the confirmation email try these in order -1) try FT support forum login with id and password you created (yes, even though you didn't receive the confirmation email).2) send an email to support{at}feelthere.com with the following information:* your product's serial number* your registered username* your estimated date of registration3) send me a private message.AND be aware the above forum will only remain active for another month-ish (july '08). a new forum is now on-line that has improved functions - http://forum.iemit.com/ (for more info about this read: http://www.iemit.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10728 )i suggest you register for this new forum and post your question there.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest garymccl

HiThanks for your reply.It's useful to know that there has been no programmed logic to raise/lower the landing gear. As you say, I will check the manual again to make sure I have configured my joystick properly and get back to you.Thanks for your help - it's really appreciated.Gary