Sign in to follow this  
Guest byoungblood

KEWR AFCAD

Guest Nosell

Hi,I'm currently using the ray smith Newark Intl AFCAD in FSX but it really isn't very good-- it isn't updated with true airline parking and landing/taking off AI traffic should be at different runways.Is there a better/updated AFCAD out there somewhere- or new scenery? Anything Compatible with FSX?

You can fix it up or redo one yourself with Airport Design Editor.As for the AI traffic I think ya might need the AI flight planner in the library here also.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest byoungblood

I concur. Take the AFCAD you have, load it into ADE, then go to town. Assigning gates, changing departure/arrival runways is a piece of cake. Of course locking out runways for arrivals or departures precludes the AI ATC from assigning those for alternate use, but that's going to be the case unless you have a real person working ATC. RW, I've used both 8L/26R and 9R/27L at KATL for takeoff and landing, though they're usually used by larger aircraft exclusively for arrivals. When you're at an airport that large in a Cessna 172, having you taxi across other active runways when one is right next to where you're at right now is just an unnecessary safety hazard!

Actually I didnt notice anything to out of the ordinary with take offs and landings.I actually remember that airport when it was only 1 terminal that looked like an old WWII hangar. As for the parking I usually only modify the airports if they dont have any gate assignments at all.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png