Sign in to follow this  
Art_P

How to get default AI back?

Guest ice1811

Tried World of AI...completely messed up FSX for me, I uninstalled it the packages, but I the default AI is gone. How can I get it back without reinstalling and going through the pain of phoning in my activation?Thanks!!!!!

Guest ice1811

WOAI would cause the sim to lock up for up to a minute, unfreeze for a moment, then freeze up again...and never stop the cycle. I actually just got FSX yesterday and am really new to it (but not the FS series...have every one since FS2 on the Commodore 64). I uninstalled the WOAI packages via the WOAI "expert installer" and now have no AI, but good framerates!!! ;)Also, I noticed that none of the WOAI traffic had any radio chatter...is that normal? What I wouldl like to do is just get the old default AI working again and maybe change the default planes textures and callsigns to "real world" airlines and call it a day.

Guest ice1811

Well.. I found a few stray WOAI files, deleated them, and now have the default AI back...BUT...now I get a crazy 1 to 2 minute pause when switching views around any major airport. Doesn't seem to matter how dense I have the default traffic set at, it pauses even when set to zero. What could be causing this? Geez...FSX runs suprisingly well on my very old hardware other than this.

>Doesn't seem to matter how dense I have the default traffic>set at, it pauses even when set to zero. What could be causing>this? Geez...FSX runs suprisingly well on my very old hardware>other than this.It sounds like your display settings are too high for your "very old hardware".ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

Guest ice1811

It did not do this prior to installing WOAI. It also does it no matter what I set the dipslay/graphics/traffic/ etc... to and if I run at the lowest resolution available.After some google searching, I see I am not the only one with the freeze ups when switching views.Thanks.

What hardware do you have, and have you made any settings for your video card outside of FSX?ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

Guest ice1811

Art,For some reason, my sound card/driver seems to be the problem. I moved the sound file out of the aircraft folder as a test and all of the views worked well...no freezes. I reinstalled my sound card driver and all is good, at least for now. I am tempted to try WOAI again...the fake airlines kind of bug me!MSFS, no matter what version, always seems to find a problem with my hardware setups!

I'm very familiar with freezes caused by audio issues. Glad you worked it out. Keep in mind that some WOAI files are not affected by reducing the % of traffic unless set to zero. I heard that they were working on fixing that but don't know the current status. I'm running them at about 50% by modifying them myself.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

After we had been notified of the problem that all the schedules were running on 1% we've built in randomisation into the flightplans.All flightplans are now checked on this prior to release by our beta team.Since we regularly update the airlines these all 1% packages are moving out of our inventory.I can't give an estimate when all of them will be replaced.Kind regards,

"Make sure your remaining plans are FSX or FSX converted plans.Jim"Actually Jim this conversion is not really needed, according to Jim Vile. To my surprise, I ran across a thread at another forum last night where he said (paraphrasing and hopefully I'm correct...) that because the TDBB compiler is essentially the same as it was before, why up-convert numerous old plans when all that is needed is to simply convert ONE plan (that being the FSX default traffic file) back to the earlier standards. By doing so you accomplish the same end-results: FSX default and 3rd party traffic can co-exist. I also saw that Reggie Fields and some friends have done all of the hardwork by breaking down and converting the default plans, so you can now choose which aspect of the default traffic you wish to use. You can have just the airlines and/or GA, or any part of the GA traffic you desire. The converted plans can be found on his homepage: http://www.flightsim2004-fanatics.com/uplo...A/Def_GA_DL.htmSo, based on Mr. Vile's expertise, no flightplan conversions are needed if you don't mix in default traffic with 3rd party (WOAI, PAI, etc) and if you do - go grab the converted default plans. Also, MANY THANKS to Tom and everyone over at WOAI for all you people do for simming - great stuff !!!! Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 174.74 beta Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

You are most welcome. WOAI has still plenty to come so stay tuned :-)The approach Jim Vile has suggested is indeed anotehr possibility.YOu will have to reverse engineer not only the aircraft traffic in FSx but also the trafficboats.bgl and the trafficcarriers.bgl.These bgls are also on the FSX standard and wouldn't be visible if only the trafficaircraft.bgl was altered

>You are most welcome. WOAI has still plenty to come so stay>tuned :-)>The approach Jim Vile has suggested is indeed anotehr>possibility.>YOu will have to reverse engineer not only the aircraft>traffic in FSx but also the trafficboats.bgl and the>trafficcarriers.bgl.>These bgls are also on the FSX standard and wouldn't be>visible if only the trafficaircraft.bgl was altered Sounds great, Tom - can't wait. Good points about the other traffic .bgl's. Although Jim didn't specifically address those in in his posts, I assumed they too needed to be reversed to the earlier standards - now we know for sure. Thanks again!Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 174.74 beta Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall