Sign in to follow this  
Guest pwheeler

FSWC IS OFFICIALLY ......

Guest Nick_N

Paul and Ashton have really outdone themselvesIts the best in-flight visual tweaking tool I have yet to use.

but its not available yet or is it and where?

Bo Klop

Guest Nick_N

Its in beta and if everything keeps on track it will be released soon as freewarehere is the website: http://www.fswaterconfigurator.com/index.htmYou can keep up with the news as they update their 'news' scroller (at the top of the page) constantly

Guest fsxmissionguy

So, if it's going to be free, and its in beta ... how come we can't participate in the beta? Especially those of us who have websites where we could provide free publicity?

I would never recommend a "public beta". Beta testing is an important job. Input from inexperienced testers can be difficult to translate into useful information and in the worst case, the preliminary nature of a product becomes identified as flawed by people who don't understand.In addition, the developer can never be sure that the beta version will disappear when the final version is released.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Hmmm,Interesting viewpoint.I'm currently running a public beta, and while certainly there are pros and cons to doing so, there are also pros and cons to having too closed a beta I think.I was just curious what the guy producing the software thought.Nick ... are you at liberty to tell us how long the beta period is expected to be?

Guest Nick_N

If everything goes well I don

Guest pwheeler

I can assure everyone that, unless something catastrophic happens, the beta testing period will be very short (emphasis on the 'very').Ashton is fixing errors quicker than we can come up with them.There is a feature lock in place. We will be adding a few new features, but they will be in patches after the initial release.Expect release early in July (fingers crossed).PaulP.S. there are loads of preview shots here:http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index...howtopic=147451