Sign in to follow this  
rstough

Aerobus in USA

Are there many A319, A320 and A321 flying regionally in US? If there are any, lol, what is the approximate share of B737s, MD80s and A320s (19to21)?Thanks.

According to Airbus themselves there are 815 aircraft from the 320 family operating in North America (incl. Canada):http://www.airbus.com/en/corporate/orders_and_deliveries/I have found the following figures as of 31 May on WikiPedia:Frontier Airlines 62JetBlue Airways 107Northwest Airlines 130Pegasus Aviation 1Skybus Airlines 10Spirit Airlines 34United Airlines 152US Airways 196USA 3000 Airlines 10Virgin America 22Only answers part of your question: "... If there are any, lol,..", but it should get you started! ;-)

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Thank you so much, guys. The numbers are much bigger than I could imagine. How did they (particularly A320 series) get in such an abundant and competeing market Any comments? Thanks.

Scratch Skybus... they are KIA.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

>Thank you so much, guys. The numbers are much bigger than I>could imagine. How did they (particularly A320 series) get in>such an abundant and competeing market Any comments? >>Thanks.That's a loaded and controversial question...United took the A320 as the NG 737s weren't available yet. I think this was behind Northwest's reasoning to an extent.Of course there are some who say that Airbus will give HUGE discounts (perhaps even cutting into profit) to get the sale and the market share.Other airlines consider the A320 family to be the better buy. The A320 family cabin is a bit wider than the 737NG family.In the coming 24 months, fuel efficiency will be paramount, I don't know if the A320 has much advantage here as so many 737 and A320 variants use the CFM56 family of engines.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I love that website....I wonder how things will change when they get the 787 into production. I also wonder if a lot of the enhancements will be dropped for the sake of fuel efficiency.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Very interesting, thank you.

>Are there many A319, A320 and A321 flying regionally in US?>If there are any, lol, what is the approximate share of B737s,>MD80s and A320s (19to21)?>>Thanks.I flew back and forth from KFLL to KIAD on TED A320's a few times last year.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

>I love that website....>>>I wonder how things will change when they get the 787 into>production. I also wonder if a lot of the enhancements will>be dropped for the sake of fuel efficiency.To the best of my knowledge, the 787 will fit into a larger capacity market (190 seat and up) than the 737 and A320 series (110-190 seat typically).RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest jshyluk

Air Canada flies the Airbus. Currently, they have 2x A340-300, 8x A330-300, 10x A321, 41x A320, and 35x A319's. I've been on the A340 cross-country, and it's a nice ride, although I bet it would be better a) if I sat in 1st class and :( if Air Canada dropped their tradition of continuously losing my luggage. Still, the long range of the A340 means that you aren't going to be making stopovers along the way.I've also been on the A321, the A320, and the A319. The same comments apply, except that the smaller planes have no first class, they have shorter range, and the A319's, although well-maintained, are getting old.From what I recall, Air Canada's acquisition of the Airbus was due to sale pricing from Airbus coupled with hardball lobbyist pressure from the European manufacturers. Also, a little (alleged) political kickback goes a long way -- please see this interesting article on Canada's "Airbus Scandal":http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_affairIn the States, I imagine the Boeing lobbyists fight hammer and tongs with the Airbus lobbyists to gain gov't concessions for American air carriers. I can only imagine how the Airbus made it into the FSX box given Microsoft's proximity to Boeing. I also imagine the proposed Dreamliner ought to cut something of a swath into the air travel market, at least if the hype is to be believed. Lighter aircraft, higher fuel efficiency, more advanced cabin technology are all things that may go in Boeing's favour. However, not even Boeing can control outside market forces like the price of fuel, the taxes on tickets, security and terrorist issues, political motivations, and other concerns that make air travel less attractive to the average flying consumer. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Thank you,Jeff, very enlightening.

>I can only imagine how the Airbus made>it into the FSX box given Microsoft's proximity to Boeing. Easy. Boeing paid them to include it. But with the caveat that they make it hard to fly and almost impossible to land, so that people will think the real one is too... :)Colin

Guest fsxmissionguy

>>Thank you so much, guys. The numbers are much bigger than I>>could imagine. How did they (particularly A320 series) get>in>>such an abundant and competeing market Any comments? >>>>Thanks.>>That's a loaded and controversial question...>And also an answer without any context.The number of aircraft flying on any given day in the US and Canadian market has got to be 10x the market share of Airbus (not casting aspersions on the aircraft ... rather, I'm just noting the entrenched nature of Boeing in this market).Without context, knowing that there are 800+ Airbus in the air really doesn't tell you much.

>>>Thank you so much, guys. The numbers are much bigger than>Without context, knowing that there are 800+ Airbus in the air>really doesn't tell you much.You can easily get the context by (as suggested above) looking at the numbers of the aircrafts airborn any moment on FlightAware and comparing them across the types you are interested in. That's what impressed me in the first place. Without this context your comment doesn't add anything to this thread.