Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Digital radio altimeter for Helicopters

For those who are interested in flying helicopters - but still struggling with hovering/landing, etc - if you are like me, I find it difficult to assess my height when close to the ground in the VCAnyway, I have found a Digital Radio altimeter which is of great assistance in this regard http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/fs9digra.htmHere is is - replacing the aircraft number plaque in the VC of the Bell 206. Anybody who is interested , I can advise the small change necessary for this in the panel.cfg file. I am not sure if I should detail the change here or not?

Guest Shalomar

I'd be interested in how you did it. According to the link, it is a FS2004 guage, glad it works in FSX. .CFG files are small, maybe you could just upload your Bell 206 .cfg?Best Regards, Donald T.:-wave

Hi DonaldI guess it is OK to upload my amended panel.cfg file for the Bell 206 here. This forum will not allow an actual CFG file to be attached to a posting - but will allow it to be attached as a TXT file. Just rename the attached txt file as panel.cfg and replace your old panel file with it ( remembering to backup your old one first). You could place the digital radar altimeter gauge in either your FSx gauges folder or simply place it inside the Bell 206 panel folder I am finding the mod to be of much benefit when flying the BellBarry

DonaldIt looks like when I attach a TXT file to my posting , it opens up in the browser when you click on it. All you have to do is copy and paste the TXT into NOTEPAD and save it as a TXT file before changing it to a CFG file. You probably know this anyway - but others may not.Barry

Guest Shalomar

I right clicked on the link and chose "save target as".Where there is a will, there is a way... thanx.Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest Shalomar

The guage download is *not* necessary, and you will replace a guage with one older. I noticed I had a gauge that name, exact size file so I tried just using the panel.cfg and it works fine.So just go ahead, back up your Bell 206 Panel.cfg and replace it with the file in reply 2. You do **not** need the file from that website!!!Best Regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Hmm - that is very strange -- because when I downloaded that gauge file and installed it into my gauges folder , the system told me it was already there (also).I didn't think much of it at the time - but now that you mention it, I think it is very strange because that gauge was/is an addon gauge invented by a simmer to enhance FS2004Mysterious. But whatever - it works wellBarry

>I right clicked on the link and chose "save target as".I use Firefox as a browser - and my one criticism of it is that it doesn't appear to have this "right click/save target as...." facility that IE hasBarry