Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

RealityXP 430 and Eaglesoft SR22

in FSX I mean.Are they compatible?Would the PFD and MFD draw the information from the Reality XP 430 unit installed into this plane?By the way, since we are already on SR22, is there any special CH throttle quadrant necessary to allow the throttle level operate like the original one (combined throttle/prop).I found the throttle lever in my CH moves the power lever in the SR22, but it only changes the MP in the sim, not the prop rpm. Thanks in advance,Dom

The RXP 430 (new WAAS series for FSX) does not draw directly from the FS data base as all ES gauges/systems do, so no, what you select within the RXP 430 will not be directly linked to the Cirrus Avidyne units, as they draw their info via the Garmin trainer, 'outside' of the FS database.In FS9, as example, you could select an approach with the RXP units 'in flight' and 'import' that into the MFD with a 'direct' import function of the RXP unit, but that does not work with the FSX version....yet(?).Two ways to get the same info....input your plan into the RXP unit, export it as a .pln file, and activate the plan within FS via the Flight Planner. Or, develop your plan in the FS Planner, and input the same info into the RXP unit. One thing that does work now with the ES Avidyne's is that the exported plans from the RXP unit, and into an FS flight plan, will show up on the 'flight plan' page of the Avidyne unit. That wasn't the case with the FS9 version.Either of those two ways works just fine, the one thing missing will be if you select an 'approach on the fly' via the Garmin 430, as it will not display on the MFD. Any deviation from the origional FS flight plan will not be linked, unless you 'file a new plan' with the export function. Regardless, the RXP units do 'drive' the AP within the ES aircraft just fine (all of them).And finally, if you see some magvar variation, Jean-Luc jumped on this issue, and has uploaded a revised beta release which corrects the problem. Just go to the help forum to obtain.

Thanks a lot for your help,Very clear.CheersDom

Brians description is fairly accurate in that Eaglesoft uses the default FS DB as opposed to any third party reliance upon Garmin Trainer DBs. Eaglesoft Avidynes/Stec 55X are fully capable of displaying and flying any flightplan which is in .PLN format. .PLN format happens to be what Flight Simulator uses to cooperate well with FS ATC and other FS functions for accuracy within the sim environment.This is the reason that an exported plan in .PLN format works well with Eaglesoft products in most cases. As in previous integrations of this third party GNS into our products there may be other discrepencies which creep in with regard to Approaches, etc. which are the result of incomplete or inaccurate data in the exported .PLN format.The Prop Lever should be placed full forward in the SR22 simply because the sim does not support FADEC in any fashion. We emulate FADEC with custom code but more work needs to be done to tie the two functions together in one lever. Hope this helps.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I will add that although I said the RXP Garmins will 'drive' all ES aircraft, I forgot one I have that does not link; The Liberty. The Liberty's AP is highly integrated with the ES Garmin units, thus the RXP units will not work with the Liberty's AP by simply swapping it out with the RXP unit. So far, I have not looked into this any further, and simply left the ES Garmin installed.

Brian, more accurately the Eaglesoft Avionics "accept" the input from most 3PD vendors as long as they adhere to the FS SDK:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Actually Ron, I don't believe I was able to use the Friendly Panel version of the 530/430 in the FSX Liberty either. That baby is highly dependent on all the ES gauges it seems.After some head scratching, I simply left them 'as designed' in the Liberty.Not the case for the Cirrus, Columbia, or even the Twin Comanche.Fair enough, all great aircraft regardless, and no reason not to purchase them all ;)

Our Liberty XL2 may be undergoing a rebuild if Liberty Aerospace follows thru:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Again? Interesting.Well, gotta run, have a date with the Columbia at 19,000 feet before 'beddy time' ;)

Ha Ha, have a good flight Brian:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hallo again,Thank you for the clear step-by-step explanation on how to get around this limitation.Does it mean, that in case of a shortcut from the ATC and bypassing one or more waypoints this modification in the RXP430 would have to get exported to the flight plan again?ThanksDom

Thr RXP FP or Eaglesoft must be exported again if changed. The process is due to the fact that FS treats approaches as a new FP.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>Hallo again,>>Thank you for the clear step-by-step explanation on how to get>around this limitation.>Does it mean, that in case of a shortcut from the ATC and>bypassing one or more way-points this modification in the>RXP430 would have to get exported to the flight plan again?>>Thanks>DomYes, it would have to be exported again simply to show approaches/STAR's/Etc. You could do this from the GPS unit itself, then go to the FS Flight Planner, import the newly generated plan, activate it as an IFR plan, and say 'No' to starting from the beginning of the plan (just start it were you are), then the plan would show for approaches, etc on the Map Page. As I use Radar Contact, it would be even more seamless as I don't have to worry about the FS ATC way of doing things. That should work, and in reality would not take much time....probably about 15-30 seconds.....but to be honest, I simply use the GPS to follow the approach anyway, as my MFD page is more often on the 'engine management' page on decent.For me, this is somewhat minor. What I much more enjoy seeing is the exported RXP plan on the Trip Page, which could not be done in the FS9 version.