Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eek

Girl Gets Kicked Off Of Continental Airlines

Guest BrianFletcher

*Edit*

Guest Eek

>Today I found out that Continental did pay for the room BUT>NOT the food or clothes. I can't tell why they didn't pay for>the clothes or food, but I hope someone can answer that. She has to eat and wear clothes, regardless. Why should Continental pay for that? It's my understanding they provided hotel accommodations and gave them free tickets for another flight. I think they did the right thing. Perhaps it would be more appreciated, if you were sitting next to her on the plane.Continental lost money on the deal, simply because this girl was trying to travel when she wasn't well enough. Why should the airline provide extra freebies? I don't understand this mentality that people need to be compensated for every minor inconvienience or the slightest discomfort.EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz2GB Corsair PC-3200 512x4 Dual Channel CL2.5 DDR DIMM eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3Sound Blaster Audigy LSOCZ Powerstream 420WWinXPPro (SP1)

Guest B747-8

That is true that they payed for the hotel and gave her a free airplane ticket. My answer to why Continental should pay for this is they were the ones who kicked her off, and she could of gotten home that day. Since the clothes were on the plane and Continental probably would have served dinner, lunch, etc on the plane they couldn't of eaten without having to get food.

Guest PARADISE

FREE COUGHER MILES.....alrighty then.Now was it one cough equals two sneezes, or the other way around. I've heard that if you cough long and hard enough that Continental will give you tickets to either Rome or Tel Aviv. From there it's a few sneezes away to get free stand by tickets to Bangkok. Where,of course, you can catch the birdflu special back to EWR.John M

Guest Eek

>That is true that they payed for the hotel and gave her a>free airplane ticket. My answer to why Continental should pay>for this is they were the ones who kicked her off, and she>could of gotten home that day. Since the clothes were on the>plane and Continental probably would have served dinner,>lunch, etc on the plane they couldn't of eaten without having>to get food. Continental kicked her off, but didn't she put herself in that situation in the first place, by trying to travel when she was ill? Secondly, it isn't certain she would have made it to her destination. Her illness could have led to an unexpected landing, had her condition worsened.As for her clothing, I'm certain the airline could return it in a day or two. Assuming they bathe regularly, wearing the same clothes an extra day could hardly be considered a hardship. (This is normal for Europeans, and we actually consider them civilized, right?)So, they miss a meal. Wendy's and McDonald's both have dollar menus. You can gorge yourself for less than five bucks. I can't imagine anyone traveling without contingency money ($50-100 minimum). Again, the thought that they are owed something for their own irresponsibility, is simply preposterous. Continental is ferrying two passengers, at the cost of four seats, plus lodging. The very least they can do, is buy themselves a Happy Meal, and have a nice shower in their free hotel room.The old proverbial Victim Syndrome. :-roll I ain't buying it.EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz2GB Corsair PC-3200 512x4 Dual Channel CL2.5 DDR DIMM eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3Sound Blaster Audigy LSOCZ Powerstream 420WWinXPPro (SP1)