Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

FSX Top Menu and ATC window TEXT problem after Accelera...

Anyone who can help me with this issue ?I bought Acceleration and installed to a fresh install of FSX, and SP1.Everything works good except the top menu text and the text in the ATC window.It appears to have transparency issues, multiple layers and many letters appearing as blocks.The ATC window really is un-usable.I tried adjusting every slider and setting within FSX and Catylist CC. Tried deleting the fsx.cfg, and tried 8.4, 8.5 and 8.6 video drivers with no luck.Then I uninstalled everything and started fresh again and still the text problems.I tried it with just SP2 but the only way I can get rid of the problem is no SP2 or acceleration.Here's my setup:C2D E6600ASUS P5N-D MB4 Gig DDR2ATI X1950 pro 512 Catylist 8.6VISTA SP1Your ideas would be very much appreciated.ThanksSteve

Guest fsxmissionguy

Steve,The most likely cause is an out-of-date video card. I'd get on the ATI site and see if they have released more updated drivers than you are currently using.Display issues such as this are almost always the fault of the video card driver (not saying this is true in your case, but it is almost always true.) I use nVidia technology, so can't give you much more advice.Perhaps some ATI users can offer assistance?Cheers,

Guest JIMJAM

Nvidia user here also BUTIf I use Nhancer,Rivatuner ect to add NEG bias in order to try and reduce shimmering, I have the same problems with menu/atc text.

Anisotropic setting has caused this in the past, at least on NVidia cards.VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.65Evga 680i A1 with P31 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx XG 174.74 702/1620/792Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors