Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Carenado Mooney M20J FSX

Great airplane. Fantastic model. Everything about it is spectacular.My implementation gets 140 TAS at 8000 at standard conditions MP 23.5 and prop 2600 when the performance chart says 164 TAS. The cowl flaps are closed, mixture leaned, and (yes) the gear is retracted and flaps up. Anything else someone can point out that would get book values?Anybody know of a support forum for Carenado?Thanks for your input!

Please don't be offended but are you sure you are calculating TAS or just reading indicated airspeed?Willy

Guest JIMJAM

Go to Orbx ,look in their forum/general and look for the freeware interior upgrade endorsed by Carendo.One of the BEST interiors I have seen.If you love this plane, this will push you over the top.A small fps hit but worth every one.

Hmmm, I've registered with Carenado, but never been able to find a forum on their site. Edit: Not saying they don't have one, just I haven't found it...

They do not have a support forum as far as I know.Send an e-mail to contact@carenado.com and describe your problem and ask for assistance.

To add to the comment below-are you reading indicated or calculating true airspeed? You get about a 2% airspeed increase for every thousand ft. That means at 8000 ft. you would have about 16% added to the indicated. By coincidence-140 indicated + 16% of 140= gives a TAS of 162.4-pretty close to your book figure! :-)http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/