Sign in to follow this  
OldMaintChief

SP2 and Acceleration Install Problem

Guest Browneye

All,I have FSX installed with SP1 running DirectX 10 and it all works fine (Vista 32bit, quad core 6700, 4Gb RAM, 8800GT 512K video).I installed Acceleration, and when I tried to start FSX afterwards, I got an error telling me that the wrong version of DirectX was installed and to go and install DirectX 9. I uninstalled Acceleration and the error went away and i could launch FSX again.I tried a different tack and installed SP2 to see if the result would be different, but I got the same error about a wrong Direct X version. I uninstalled SP2 and once again I could start the sim and fly.I've done a search of the forums and couldn't find anyone with a similar error. Has anyone seens this? And does anyone have any ideas?ThanksSteve

Guest firehawk44

DX10 does not work with SP1 no matter whether you have Vista or a DX10 compatible card installed. SP2 introduced DX10 Preview to FSX. If you are having issues with DX10, make sure it is properly installed by running dxdiag in the Start>Run box. Jim

Steve,Jim is right about SP2/Accel needed to make DX10 work. You can go to the Microsoft Downloads site and download the latest DX10 Runtime (Jun2008) to update your DX10. Windows Update does not auto update DX10.DaveDell XPS 720 H2CIntel Quad Core Extreme QX6800 @ 3.73GHz4GB Corsair Dominator EPP 8500C5D 800MHz FSB 1066 MHzNV Raid 0 2x160GB WD SATA Raptors, Sound Blaster X-FiNvidia 2x8800GTX 768MB SLI, Dell 2407WFP PanelXP driver: 169.21, Vista driver: 169.25Logitech Z680 5.1 Speakers, G5 Mouse, Saitek X52WinXP Media Edition SP3 on C:Vista SP1 on D: (Dual Boot)3DMark06: 17,018/6992/7123/5667

Guest Browneye

Thanks to all, it's now working. Just installed that latest DirectX runtime and all is firing.25fps at 1920 x 1200 (32) with everything maxed...Gotta love that.

Guest UlfB

>You can go to the Microsoft Downloads site and download the latest>DX10 Runtime (Jun2008) to update your DX10. Windows Update>does not auto update DX10.>>Dave>Dave,I could only find updates for DX9 at microsoft.com. Could you please help me with a link to the MS download page for DX10?Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

Ulf B,I went to Microsoft Vista Home Page, selected DirectX in Featured Downloads. It took me to the runtime download. DX9 is included in DX10. The download System Reqirements lists Vasta. I am no Microsoft programer so I don't know for sure why DX10 is not mentioned, only Vista. I have two computers with dual boot, XP SP3 and Vista SP1. I update both seperately since DX updates are not included in Windows Update, auto or custom.Dave