Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Worrying aspects of product support (or lack of it)

Guest firehawk44

"May I say from experience that the leveld 767 is a real "gold standard" in this respect."IMHO the support at LevelD is okay "today" but if you look at their general public forum when the product first came out, you would think otherwise. As I recall, "rtm", "this has been discussed before", "search the forum before posting", were common responses as well as the general complaint for owners to sign in to get to the "real" forum for support from the actual developers. Today no one is really complaining as the LevelD 767 has turned out to be an excellent product after a couple of SP's. They are one of the few companies that continues to make their product better. I have yet to find a really excellent customer support forum anywhere as it usually gets rather hostile between the customer and the developers, at least when the product first comes out (did I hear any complaints when FSX was first released? FS9? LOL). I very rarely post a question at any product forum as I know the response is probably not going to be pretty (or helpful). I simply wait until the problem is discussed elsewhere or a patch is released. Effective communication between a consumer and developer can be difficult as many flight simmers are computer novices as well as newby's to flight simulation and some of the questions really are pretty basic and can be wrongly considered a waste of time to respond to by computer tech's who developed the product. Language skills are a problem too as many of these excellent products are NOT produced in English speaking countries and I think that's the major issue with the CS757 that just came out. Now back to the LPGA on ESPN...Best regards,Jim

The vendor in question has a dismal reputation that a search of this forum or the FS9 forum would be quick to discover.DJ

yes, in fact it is so bad Tom has been gracious enough to give us an unofficial Captainsim support area so users can try to help users...Last forum under commercial support.-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I'd say 5 out of 6 times, these guys have other "day jobs" and do this stuff on the side. This might explain the nature of support. It may not excuse anything, but it sheds some light.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Its not the bugs or problems. This is software, these things are expected to happen. They might even be busy during a product launch on the account of rush and the number of people with issues.These are not the issues of concern this particular vendor has. Its their arrogance and they might even be thinking, they don't have the obligation to work towards this. Like we with problems and issues are too stupid and hence our plight with their product and process. Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter