Sign in to follow this  
Mace

FSX MHTG Toncontin AFCADs/Scenery anyone ?

Guest JacobKoziarz

Does anyone have any personal modifications to MHTG for FSX not shared on AVSIM etc. ? I love that rwy 19 manual approach in my PMDG 747-400X with that default office tower right in front of the rwy. I just wish there was UTX/GEX quality mods for that. Anyone ?Thanks. Jacob.

>Does anyone have any personal modifications to MHTG for FSX>not shared on AVSIM etc. ? I love that rwy 19 manual approach>in my PMDG 747-400X with that default office tower right in>front of the rwy. I just wish there was UTX/GEX quality mods>for that. Anyone ?>>Thanks. >>Jacob.I have made some personal mods to Toncontin. Basically unreleased scenery of MHTG that is about 10%-20% complete. If you want what I have, I can send it to you. It's AFCAD, landclass, and some vector scenery (roads, lakes, etc.) of Tegucigalpa all for FSX.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest JacobKoziarz

Could you please, that would be fantastic ? jkoziarz@gmail.comThanks.

Hello Rhett!!!!!!!!!!!And while you're at it, shoot it to me as well please!!!!! Love the approach to MHTG and love your work.Mullert@SBCGlobal.netThanks again mate!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest JacobKoziarz

Have you sent it yet ? I just want to make sure that it wasn't rejected...

No, I haven't sent it yet. :) You caught me on a weekend, and I didn't mess FS this weekend. I will send it to you all, but I need to package it up and so forth. It's laying on my hard drive in several parts right now.At present, it has:-- all major highways w/traffic, etc.-- added two lakes, one of which is used as a landmark for the famous circling approach to runway 1-- added a cemetary, which is ALSO a landmark for the famous circling approach to runway 1-- added a marker for a steel shed, which is yet another landmark for the famous circling approach to runway 1 (didn't put in the shed yet though)-- redid the landclass/waterclass in the immediate area to match sat photos-- updated MHTG to 2008 spec (two new jetways)-- all aprons, etc. at their exact locations-- included some mil parking at the mil base.-- seasons bgl to green up winterWhat it does not have-- ;)-- no buildings at the airport-- stock buildings eliminated to make room for gmax structures-- gmax buildings not doneRhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

HeHeHe!Rhett! I knew you had something up your sleeve!!!!!!!!!!!!!Can't wait!Here - take a look for yoru enjoyment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loyKfeV7NFg&feature=relatedSincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest JacobKoziarz

I love that video !!! Seen it before many times and everytime is awesome.I don't know what's better - this or Kai Tak. I've been trying to make a perfect approach in perfect weather to either rwy and man - I suck. Here's a question thou - do they land on rwy 19 (20) at all ? In default FSX scenery you have that bldg right in front of the rwy 19(20) - going just above it and still hitting the rwy is awesome. Thanks again for all your hard work !!! I can't wait to try it...And since we're on the subject of mods - I have put together Pinal Air Park KMZJ with over 100 parking spots + AI planes - it's a feast landing there with all those planes !!!Here are vids...http://youtube.com/watch?v=koA5qOETrX8http://youtube.com/watch?v=nXdo77Ykh08

>>I don't know what's better - this or Kai Tak. I just sent you guys the file...Toncontin blows away Kai Tak :) if you ask me.At least Kai Tak has a longer runway, too.>I've been trying>to make a perfect approach in perfect weather to either rwy>and man - I suck. Here's a question thou - do they land on rwy>19 (20) at all ? In default FSX scenery you have that bldg>right in front of the rwy 19(20) - going just above it and>still hitting the rwy is awesome. >Yes they land on RWY 19 too, but not very often because usually the winds only allow RWY 1. Rwy 19 is also a circling approach but it happens so rarely due to prevailing tropical winds, that I have always used the Rwy01 approach.Don't be discouraged, you can land up to a 757-size aircraft there, but any larger and you're really pushing it.See the readme in my zip file, to help you with the Rwy01 approach landmarks.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

Guest JacobKoziarz

Thank you very much.Where exactly do I place the bgls into ?

I put mine in E:SCENERYHONSCENERY"hon" is Honduras.You can put them in any folder you want, so long as you tell FSX where the files are in Scenery Library.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

Guest JacobKoziarz

Thanks for fast replyI did addon scenery/mhtg/scenery - works okwhat a present for Canada Day - thanks a lot !!! looking forward to the complete masterpiece !!!

There was an interesting thread on pprune about TGU after the recent TACA Airbus crash. One poster was a retired AA pilot with almost 600 B757 landings at TGU who gave his company procedures for landing on 2 and 20. scott s..

Guest JacobKoziarz

This is it. Why such a complicated circling approach. A dumb question at this point - but still curious. To stay visual with the airport ?

Because there are mountains in the way of both ends of the runway. You can't do a straight-in approach there except in a small aircraft. If you have higher-res mesh installed, you will see what I'm talking about.Try a straight-in approach in a 737 there. Your descent rate will be like 3000 fpm and that's not valid ops for those. Plus your terrain clearance over Cerro Hule will be unacceptable. PAPI/VASI slope is something like 5.5 degrees!Toncontin is so dangerous, it's closed at night except to light aircraft. That's why I say, it's more difficult than Kai Tak. At least Kai Tak was open at night.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett