Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

FSX - Microsoft Support - Product Number Issue

For the first time ever I am trying to contact Microsoft support regarding FSX Acceleration.I go to the support site and select FSX Accleration.An applet runs that trys to determine my FSX Accel product number automatically. It tells me it can't find it and asks me to enter it manually.I look on the 'about FSX' tab on the 'alt' menu and note the product number.I enter in the product number and it comes back and tells me that I have entered a product code that is linked to another program. Here is the exact wording:"The product ID did not match the product selectedThe product ID number you entered is for Microsoft Zoo Tycoon 2: Extinct Animals, which is different than Microsoft Flight Simulator X Acceleration Expansion Pack that you selected for support. Please enter the product ID number for Microsoft Flight Simulator X Acceleration Expansion Pack or click Select Product to select the correct product"I can't go any further without paying $45 for support!!!I'm tired of submitting error reports for a problem with "controls.dll" which no matter how many times I reinstall or rebuild the file in the controls folder (standard.xml) keeps happening and messing up my FSX.Has anybody else seen this or know how to get through to MS?Thanks,

Guest cbuchner1

Ok, so they've been basing Flight Simulator X on Zoo Tycoon. That would explain all the wild animals you get to see in the Africa missions. ;)

Guest UlfB

>For the first time ever I am trying to contact Microsoft>support regarding FSX Acceleration.>>I go to the support site and select FSX Accleration.>>An applet runs that trys to determine my FSX Accel product>number automatically. It tells me it can't find it and asks me>to enter it manually.>>I look on the 'about FSX' tab on the 'alt' menu and note the>product number.>Is it possible that you entered the FSX product code and not the Acc pack code? You know FSX and Acc have different product codes and if you want support on Acc I guess you have to use the Acc code, not the FSX code.Give it another try :-)Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

Guest UlfB

>Is it possible that you entered the FSX product code and not>the Acc pack code? You know FSX and Acc have different product>codes and if you want support on Acc I guess you have to use>the Acc code, not the FSX code.>>Give it another try :-)>>Ulf BSorry, but that was a stupid post by me :+ Even if you enter the FSX product id, the number at the bottom of the about screen, this should identify FSX as your product.I tried to locate the product id for the Acc pack, without success. I wonder where that id is to be found. Maybe you should use the FSX product id, and that obviously doesn't work.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

I think you might be lucky you can't get in. My experiences with Microsoft support have left me worse off than when I started. All they seem to know is reinstall FSX, wiping out everything that was right. The best solutions have, for me, always come from the forums and internet searches.Many thanks to those who have contributed.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

Product number on the 'about' screen does not work regardless of selecting FSX Deluxe or Acceleration on the support pages.If I could just get to the bottom of this issue with 'controls.dll' I would be happy.If I make any edits to the default control assignments this error starts popping up. Very annoying.