Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

How dare Eaglesoft do this to me!!!

After spending almost a week with RXP Garmin gauges crashing FSX and troubleshooting instead of flying, Eaglesoft comes along and releases a full Garmin suite that does things that the RXP cannot do (dual 430 / 530 for instance) + Garmin VOR's all in one package for $21 bucks!!!! I'm MAD!!! GRRRRR.If it wasn't for the fact that Eaglesoft's gauges work right out of the box and I'm TOALLY enjoing using them on a flight 5 minutes after purchase I'd have some really harsh words for them for not letting us know that such a specatular package was mere days away from release! :-lolI would expect that from now on a personal phone call on their plans for future releases will be conveyed to me. :-lolExcellent job guys...no, wait, I'm still mad at you!!!!

Hi Mike,I love doing stuff you can't do. LOL. I have my Flight1 Pilatus setup with an RXP dual 430/530 configuration. Plus both data bases for the Garmin's (including flight plans) are off loaded and networked from my client. :)Bob...

Ha Ha. Sorry Mike. I read your post about your RXP difficulties but have noticed that JL seems to be working hard on a solution...As you probably know, our offerings "fill the gap" for folks who like to tweak panels and customize things to their own liking without dependence on the Garmin Trainer.We're happy to provide a way for the panel tweakers to have a ball and not have headaches in the process:-)Oh, almost forgot..there is a bonus FS2004 set included in the package as well.Again, sorry for offending you but we finally got the package ready so wanted folks to enjoy the weekend:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>We're happy to provide a way for the panel tweakers to have a>ball and not have headaches in the process:-)Hold it Ron, I can't tell you the headaches I had figuring out how to get the the FSAvidyne and F1Tech Avidyne Student to show in the Cirrus VC's. I'd be happier if you had made those VC models without the gauge dependencies.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

HaHa, Yes Zane and we're sure the less noble participants in this great hobby of ours would concur. Nevertheless, it is what it is for a very solid reason. While we admire your work and understand your challenges it may well turn out to be for naught given some promising advances on future version of our Avidyne Series. We can't let grass grow under our feet now can we.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Custer

I too am having some trouble with the RealityXP Garmin in FSX but I still love their stuff. I particularly like the fact that I can assign keyboard shortcuts for all mouse clicks. It allows me to do this (see attached picture). Would I be able to do this with the Eaglesoft Garmins? (not a rhetoric question, I'd really like to know).Gianluca - still waiting for that Columbia/G1000! :-)

>Oh, almost forgot..there is a bonus FS2004 set included in the>package as well.Um, don't forget that there is a complete, drop-in package for the freeware Navion Rangemaster released a few months ago... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No, and I wouldn't expect any grass growing under Eaglesoft's feet given your past and present works in progress. I hope I'm not considered in that group of less than noble participants, I certainly don't consider myself there nor part of their fan club and vica versa. My freelance work to get the F1Tech Student gauges to work in your Cirrus were from numerous private requests of real world Cirrus pilots needing accuracy in cockpit methodology so they didn't learn bad habits (a pet peave of mine in this sim enthusiast hobby). That work easily piggy backed into also allowing the entertainment FSAvidyne title to also be workable. I applaud any updates Eaglesoft has planned to make these displays more accurate to real world.BTW congrats on the Garmin release Mike started this thread about, a worthy simming alternative for those that don't need the button for button accuracy the Garmin trainer provides.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

>Um, don't forget that there is a complete, drop-in package for>the freeware Navion Rangemaster released a few months ago...>;)That was a must have nice package Fr Bill ;)

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Of course not Zane. That is why we drew the distinction between yourself and the less noble:-)We understand the motivation for your work and the challenges you faced. Perhaps if we had not been so overworked ourselves we could have offered some assistance along those lines...Thanks for the kind words. Again, we've offerred this package as an enjoyable alternative for those who like to tweak and customize panels to their own liking:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>Plus>both data bases for the Garmin's (including flight plans) are>off loaded and networked from my client. :)>>Bob... Could you pls add some more information and your experience with the networked data bases for RXP's Garmin? What's the benefit and interesing features in it?Thanks.(btw I'm buying the package from ESDG).

Guest acolvard

"I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a Columbia/G1000 today". (J. Willington "Wimpy") Last Tuesday that is. (Me) Please hurry!

>"I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a Columbia/G1000 today". (J.>Willington "Wimpy") Last Tuesday that is. (Me) Please>hurry!Ha ha, she's coming but progress is a bit slow right now. Be patient, you'll be glad you did.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png