Sign in to follow this  
Guest paulsav

Dx10 Texture Question

Guest paulsav

I recently Wanted to use dx10 preview mode in fsx, but the issue is that it dosent work with most addon aircraft on the web. I searched around and I found this http://www.fszone.org/forums/FSX-DX-10-SP2...blem-t8946.html I followed the advice and converted them to 32bit also I tried dxt5 Textures and the add on textures where still missing in dx10 mode, but in dx9 it works fine. Please help me figure this out.

Guest firehawk44

Aircraft textures for DX10 must be in the new .dds format. You might try searching for .dds format. All FS9 and earlier aircraft must be in this format which is why you can see the aircraft textures with DX10 turned off but just white textures when turned on. I understand the process of converting old textures to the new format is complicated, otherwise commercial and freeware developers would have done all their aircraft by now. Some are slowly coming on board with DX10 compatible textures but several commercial developers refuse to upgrade to the new format as it is just too difficult. Jim

Guest firehawk44

I just want to add to my earlier post/comments above as I think you should disregard them and goto the "Aircraft Painter's Forum" located on AVSIM. They have a thread with a painter's toolkit that should give you better advice than I provided above. I also think the following website would be useful when converting textures to the DX10 format: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb219721.aspx. Hope this helps!Jim

Guest paulsav

Thanks for the Help I really apreciate it.