Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Time Acceleration bug?

Guest greentea

Hey guys, i seem to be experiencing a strange bug when flying auto pilot and i use time acceleration. I havnt noticed until now because I have been flying short domestic flights.Basically once i exceed 18000 feet in autopilot and i turn the time acceleration to 8x or 16x, the plane becomes unstable and starts changing altitude very erratically. It will descend 2000ft then climb 2000ft then descend again and climb again. It constantly does this until I change back to 4x,2x or normal acceleration where it will go back to a steady flight.From the outside during this bug the wings flex quite substantially aswell. Its quite annoying because I have atc telling me to expedite my climb to the designated flight level then they eventually cut radar contact.Anyone else experienced this?Im using FSX and Acceleration.Cheers.

4X accel is the recommended maximum. Any higher and you get the problems you're now describing.That's been the case for FS for as long as I can remember.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather