Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

So much for Beta testing!

Barry, I'm not sure whether you've noticed but on the Missions page there is a Show Saved Missions checkbox which will allow you to load previously saved missions. Loading a saved mission is simply a matter of going to the Missions page rather than the Free Flight page.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

I feel bad about missing that one Barry. Especially in that we were all asked to specifically test that particular set of circumstances. One can only shake ones head at our lack of creativity and thoroughness. Everyone knows the first and most important thing to test in any beta program is whether saves from one module can happen independantly of an intial load sequence.Apology extended to you on behalf of the entire beta team.With shameface,Bob

Guest UlfB

Bob,Thanks for your mistake ;-) I'm happy that saved missions aren't listed in the free flight load window. I'm also happy that my saved free flights don't show up in the mission window.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

This month's winner of the "Open Mouth, Insert Foot" award goes to... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest UlfB

Thanks Bill,Must be wonderful in your world without any irony ;-)Ulf B

>Barry, I'm not sure whether you've noticed but on the>Missions page there is a Show Saved Missions checkbox which>will allow you to load previously saved missions. Loading a>saved mission is simply a matter of going to the Missions page>rather than the Free Flight page.>>Mike.:-doh :-doh :-doh :-doh OK OK - he who is without sin may cast the first stone (not bad hey - just made that up! :-) Obviously I wouldn't make it through a Beta tester application test. You know - I have looked and looked and looked at that page and my eyes have failed to see that checkbox!Thanks for the pointer in the right direction Barry

>Thanks Bill,>>Must be wonderful in your world without any irony ;-)For your information Ulf, not only was I last month's winner of this very prestigious award, over the past decade I've probably won it more times than anyone else!So there! Stick that in your ironic pipe and smoke it! :-beerchug

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

For future reference.....a large percentage of bugs and problems that are identified by beta testers never get fixed for one reason or another.Matt

The only irony is that FSX is one the buggiest games programs ever released, and you were one of the beta testers!

>The only irony is that FSX is one the buggiest>games programs ever released, and you were one>of the beta testers!No... the irony is that you believe a beta tester controls what bugs are corrected and what bugs are ignored.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

The irony is that you think you know what your talking about, and that beta testers actually found and reported the bugs!

Oh dear! Have I unwittingly opened a hornets nest??Mods - better shut this one down quick before it melts down of it's own accord!:-) Barry

Guest UlfB

>So there! Stick that in your ironic pipe and smoke it!>:-beerchug OK :-beerchugUlf B

Mindlessly blaming beta testers for something you don't like about the program is the mistake.The answer is easy. Just stop doing that.Beta Testers bust their butt. Not everything that's wrong gets caught, not everything that's caught gets fixed.But still, beta testers serve a very important purpose and work hard. Its not just advance playtime. You have no idea what the game would look like without beta testing. So stating that beta testing is a failure because you have some issue indicates an extremely flawed thinking...perhaps you think beta testers aren't people or they aren't part of this site, so lets all make them scapegoats no matter what.Bad idea.Bob

And you are out.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.