Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sirocco

white screen - help please

Guest sozdgu

Hi thereIf I try to fly the FSX with an free add-on the screen suddenly gets white: It is possible to fly the plane in the cockpit-mode but not in the external view-mode any more. how come?Thanks for any help.my specsIntel dual core 6600 2,4 GHZ, 2 GB RAM, Zotac nVidia 8800 GT, Windows xp SP 3

Guest jshyluk

There's some other recent threads on this topic. I don't know what the answer is, but it could be related to any of the following:1)Your video drivers are old2)Your video card has a problem3)The aircraft you are using has textures from FS9 that are incompatible with FSX SP24)Your DX10 Preview isn't working properly5)You have "tool tips" enabled, but your system can't handle them6) miscellaneous otherOut of the bunch, I would guess #3. You can try un-installing SP2 to see if that makes any difference. Also, make sure your video card drivers are up to date, that might help. You can try disabling Tool Tips, although I don't think that's really the problem. Other than that, you might be stuck. I have the same problem.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest Sirocco

>If I try to fly the FSX with an free add-on the screen>suddenly gets whiteAn aircraft add on?I'm working through a similar issue. I uninstalled SP2 and that helped, but then I had a white out when I looked towards other aircraft that were parked at the terminal. Which is not very helpful when you're taxiing at night.The plan now is to uninstall SP2 again, and also SP1, then test, and if that fixes it to reinstall the patches. The theory I have is that the add on that caused the problem for me had some sort of legacy code from FS9 and that messed something up somewhere; the uninstall and reinstall process might refresh the "broken" code.So that would be my suggested fix. If it doesn't work it looks like a complete re-install; repair didn't fix it for me.