Sign in to follow this  
Guest southie4

How to suspend time for flying at Sunset/Sunrise in FSX...

>>As for flying with time stood still all I can say is each to>their own.Time stand still --Im not looking backBut I want to look around me nowSee more of the peopleAnd the places that surround me nowRhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Well, to be honest i don't find it a strange request. Sunup>en sundown are the most beautifull times in FSX, i sometimes>wish they last longer too.Eric,That is precisely right mate, and I was hoping there may be something available to do this. Anyway, thanks to all who responded. Perhaps a developer somewhere may see a need for such an option one day as I am sure there are others who enjoy the Sunset/Sunrise flying as well.Paul

Paul,My final post on this subject. As the summer solstice has just passed you should be able to enjoy extended sunsets just south of the Arctic Circle where the sun barely makes it below the horizon.So set your FS date to late June, setup a flight at an airport around 60N - 64N and enjoy the views.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This might be achieved by using FS Real Time??You could start FS real Time and the flight sim and say after 15 minutes in flight set a negative offset of -15 minutes which should reset the time to 15 minutes earlier ie the time when you started. You may be able to keep repeating this every 15 minutes bringing the time back to the time that you started and you would only be 15 minutes in front at any one time. Not elegant but it might work?I'm not sure if you can keep flying whilst setting a new offset!!Is it worth investigating as it is free?Peter Hayes(No pound pom)

>Personally I find sunrise / sunset to be most unrealistic>with stars visible when the sun is still above the horizon.>Hopefully ACES will finlly sort this out with FSXI.>>As for flying with time stood still all I can say is each to>their own.One thing I wish they do in the next version, is provide the ability for the sun to change colors on sunrise/sunset. Having a sunset with that burnt orange glow would really make them look more realistic!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I could write a small utility for you if you wanted that rewrites the current time via fsuipcie if time was 8:40pm and you wanted it kept at that then once a minute the app would write 8:40pm to fs. You wouldn't notice anything either as if you were to suddenly jump half an hour or so ahead then fs would 'reload' but a few minutes here and there don't cause a reloadLet me know anyway, may write one anyway as thats a good idea!Gray

>I could write a small utility for you if you wanted that>rewrites the current time via fsuipc>Gray,It would be great if you can do that and then upload that Utility to the Avsim File library for anyone to use!Paul

Guest tmilton

>>Well, to be honest i don't find it a strange request. Sunup>>en sundown are the most beautifull times in FSX, i sometimes>>wish they last longer too.>>Eric,>>That is precisely right mate, and I was hoping there may be>something available to do this. I agree as well, that is not such a strange request at all. Some of the most visually stunning skies are around sunset, and seems to go by too quickly (naturally). It would be great if there were some way to extend this beautiful time of day a bit longer.Thanks to Gray writing this utility, we will be able to enjoy just that! :-)

Guest tmilton

Wow, gorgeous view there Nick! That's what I'm talking about! :-)

>Wrote something quickly and gave it a quick test and it works>ok Gray,I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to write the Sunset Utility. I will check that out but also say thanks again on behalf of the 'Sunset flying club'....:)Paul

Guest southie4

Thanks, Gray. Nice of you to do that.RobertP IV 3.2 ghz, 2gb DDR ram,Intel D865GBF 800 FSB mobo, 512mg ATI Radeon x1650 Pro graphic card, 500gb & 160gb Seagate 7200 RPM Ultra ATA 100 hard drives, Win XP Home Edition, 19" ViewSonic E 90f+SB monitor, 600 Watt Ultra XFinity ATX power supply and Saitek 52 throttle/joystick