Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Progressive Taxi Indicators

Guest TonyPiech

Will they ever return and/or function when in DX10 Preview mode? I'm getting real tired looking at the top-down view window when taxiing. You'd think the sim developer or the video display folks would have a fix by now.

The fix is PFE by Dave March. It will give you audible taxi instructions to/from the runway and you can use an optional gauge in your a/c I believe. Not sure because I didn't enable that part but I love having my Co-Pilot tell me turn left, turn right straight on etc...It is far more realistic than the lines on the taxiway :)-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 3GB/s 10k drives in Raid-024 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest TonyPiech

Paul, I found PFE, don't know if it's worth the cost just to get my runway headings. It seems if you'd like FSX to run properly, you need to purchase another addon. A real negative to me about FSX.

>Will they ever return and/or function when in DX10 Preview>mode? I'm getting real tired looking at the top-down view>window when taxiing. You'd think the sim developer or the>video display folks would have a fix by now.No, it won't get "fixed" as it was never intended to work in the Preview DX10 mode to begin with...There is a reason why it's called a "Preview" after all... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest TonyPiech

Well, Bill, FSX seems to work in DX10 Preview to some extent, one would think taxi indicators would work also. :-) Calling it "Preview" would seem analogous to "Demo", like the initial FSX Demo. Does anyone know if FSX will run in pure DX10 mode, sans Preview. Is pure DX10 down the road, or is it something that will run on an OS beyond VISTA and FSX?

Guest TonyPiech

Thanks for the quick response Jim, do you anticipate the necessity to have 64-Bit VISTA, rather than 32-Bit VISTA to run FS11 in a pure DX10 mode? Or is this so far down the road (FS11 & DX10), that there will be a successor OS to VISTA (I guess Microsft might not want to have this question asked).

FSvNext will remain a 32bit application, that much is rather firmly set. Beyond that, watch for TS2. What we get in TS2 will be the minimum we can expect in FSvNext... ;)

Fr. Bill    

>Well, Bill, FSX seems to work in DX10 Preview to some extent,>one would think taxi indicators would work also. :-) The key words in your sentence are "to some extent..."Only the most basic rendering functions were converted to DX10 by the time SP2 was ready to ship with Acceleration. There simply wansn't enough time to complete the DX10 "goodness" before Acceleration was due to wrap up for deployment.Phil has repeatedly stated as much for the past -oh- fifteen months or so... :)

Fr. Bill