Sign in to follow this  
BobP

New High Def VC for the Mooney Carenado!

Saw the free download of the HIGH DEFINITION Virtual Cockpit for the Carenado Mooney.....and I downloaded it, since ths Mooney is one of my absolute favorite planes.All I can say is Wow! It's going to be difficult flying other panels (although I will), because the feel of reality with this panel is really extraordinary. I only flew it once this morning. I then had to go to my office all day. Now I'm looking forward to flying tonight. But that morning flight was quite a thrill.If you have this plane, try it. It only affects the Red variant of the Mooney. My frames do not seem to be affected.

I hadn't anted up for the FSX Mooney yet but this pushed me over the edge. Very nicely done and with Sean Doran's repaints it's a truly superb recreation of this era Mooney.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

If this mod changes the VC then doesn't that mean the '.mdl' file was changed? Did the Carenado developer(s) put this mod out?

>If this mod changes the VC then doesn't that mean the '.mdl'>file was changed? Did the Carenado developer(s) put this mod>out?It was approved by Carenado.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I notice the new textures in the "red" texture folder, but do not see much in terms of visual changes, except for the dirty windows... Did this update affect the panel in any way? My panel.cfg file still shows 1024,1024 pixel size.

Bert

Guest George M

>If this mod changes the VC then doesn't that mean the '.mdl'>file was changed?Textures only; no new model. The original VC model is already quite good.

This HD texture 'freeware' is selling a lot of Mooneys :)I agree the default looks great too.Here's 4 images 1900x1200, first is the SD Mooney, then 3 HD ones.SDhttp://www.pbase.com/jackcnd/image/99681693/originalHDhttp://www.pbase.com/jackcnd/image/99681691/originalhttp://www.pbase.com/jackcnd/image/99681689/originalhttp://www.pbase.com/jackcnd/image/99681687/original

I modified the panel to include the RXP Flight Line instruments and Garmin 530. Combining the new interior with RXP instruments gives me the best looking and performing complex single I have seen in FS. I've been discovering Europe with UTX Europe and having a ball with it. Is Norway really that hilly? :) Bob..

Norway is really that hilly ;), and one my favorite places to fly in FS. In fact, have been thinking of crossing the pond to do a summer tour.

>Saw the free download of the HIGH DEFINITION Virtual Cockpit for the Carenado MooneyPlease tell me where you downloaded?RegardsShri

>Norway is really that hilly ;), and one my favorite places to>fly in FS. >>In fact, have been thinking of crossing the pond to do a>summer tour.I can row with you! But you'll have to come get me. I can meet you near the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor. I'll bring the Port. LOL!