Sign in to follow this  
Sarge27

FlyTampa's Kai-Tek Released. Anyone get it yet?

It's very nice.. just playing around with it now. Performance is excellent for the sheer amount of scenery and detail on view.Although just like St Maarteen i'm getting global texture blur (low res w/e) on everything when ever I put the global texture resolution to Very High.. so annoying :(

FSX-Wow!!! No texture problems for me. I did use the FSX SDK texture choice in the setup. I have a hunch it works better with sp2. Frames are amazing.Lee:-eek

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

>FSX-Wow!!! No texture problems for me. I did use the FSX SDK>texture choice in the setup. I have a hunch it works better>with sp2. Frames are amazing.>>Lee:-eek Yeah i'm using Sp2.. can't figure it out.. any ideas? although i'm using the non sdk mode - it is the same with the TNCM scenery.

Gobsmacked.This is just amazing. I thought St Maarten was good, but the level of detail in Kai Tak has upped the ante by 100%.FPS hit so far, with default install - minimal. Astounding, given the number of polygons apparently in view. Need to try road traffic next, but I imagine that will cause a hit.Please, please, let's have a Manhattan like this - frankly I look at Kai Tak and wonder, why do I get any slowdown at all in NYC? More detail (it seems, at least) in KT, yet smooth as a very smooth thing.I get the odd blurry ground texture, but it's no show-stopper.I'll try post screenies soon.

Paul Skol

Downloading now, but I am very excited about this scenery. I have been tracking down screens ever since they previewed it and checking the website everyday. I figured July 4 would be a very possible release date.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It is Jul4th.. I am all excited!:)Holly mackerel! This is amazing.BTW... I think he should make the city of Sao Paulo and Bombay as well. He has the buildings for it. :) Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Bonkey

FS always could handle an insane amount of Polygons without much of a hit. The performance problems stem out of the inefficient graphics engine, primary the terrain system & texture loading. Please push ACES for a complete engine re-write & more sceneries like this will be developed in the future. Currently FSX scenery development is plagued with a below average SDK & documentation; near zero overhead because the cpu spends large amounts of time processing the 100,000 lines of obsolete terrain code. FS processing the entire world is not an excuse for single digit FPS. Its about whats 'on-screen'. Nothing visually cutting edge is happing anywhere worldwide within FSX. Slowdown is caused only by the 10 year old code. A new SDK with easier exporting would be helpful. Currently simple hacks require C++ coding or reverting to the far more powerful & Taboo FS2002 SDK.horse flogging stick away...Cheers,GeorgeFlytampa

George,You have a masterpiece there. I just flew the Lvl D 767 during dusk. WOW! I am speech less. You have done amazing with those FPS.Bravo!:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

OK, here it is, Initial impressions. This scenery takes FSX to a whole new level. This is top notch work by the guys at FlyTampa, I can easily say that his is the most amazing and immersive scenery I have ever seen. Amazing frame-rates with all the options installed. This is very exciting for the flightsim world.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Can this work on sp1? I'm not real keen about having to do sp2.scott s..

At the risk of appearing to be a paid FT stooge...Just re-installed with road traffic. Here's a screenie:2008-7-4_21-58-36-770BMP.jpgPractically no difference compared to no-traffic - to my complete surprise, since everywhere else I find I get a hit with cars. You will see the frame rate, despite the large number of buildings here.As ever, flying low over roads with moving traffic - even if they are just "dots" - adds greatly to immersion.Next is AI traffic. Stop me if I'm boring you (mind you, I'll do it anyway).Edit: check out the massively sexy Canon sign, looks wonderful as you fly past it, standing on it's own in 3d.Edit 2: Just upped Scenery complexity and autogen. Frame rate not so good. But with water effects down a little, I'm getting nice (16-20) rates and fantastic views. Much tweaking possible, I suspect. I've added AI traffic + a/g trees + smoke etc, so the visual feast is amazing, and I still can't complain about fluidity. But I have a swift-ish system, so no-one should expect to run this thing at max detail with fluidity on anything less than state of the art hardware.

Paul Skol

>Can this work on sp1? I'm not real keen about having to do>sp2.>>scott s.The more handsome version (with ground polygons) will flicker in SP1. The SDK-Compliant version (generic runway and tarmac) should work, but I doubt you'll enjoy it much.Martin / FlyTampa