Sign in to follow this  
Sarge27

FlyTampa's Kai-Tek Released. Anyone get it yet?

Incredible addon. I've got a fast system configured well, and with everything maxed out am getting over 35 FPS on a 3-wide TH2G monitor setup. I created a separate CFG file that uses the Texture_Max_Load=4096 to use with the FEX SHD clouds, and even with a healthy dose of cumulus clouds, I'm above 25 FPS in the most complex areas of the scenery. If you can fly a helicoptor, load one up and slow flight around the scenery. The detail is awesome. Congrats to FlyTampa for an incredible addon.FalconAF

Rick Ryan

Guest ianrivaldosmith

This is amazing, best addon ever produced scenery wise. It amazes me the detail and absolutely NO FPS hit, infact I would go as much to say that it improves my FPS! It makes me wonder why the whole FSX cant be designed like this peice of scenery, then we would be sorted flying heavies into big cities!

Guest JIMJAM

We have replaced the clouds,water,ground textures,sky color,grass,runways,lights ect ect......Someone needs to replace all the default autogen and scenery with something that is more performance oriented. I do no know if its possible, how huge a task it would be or if it would make a difference.Aerosoft did Manhatten but it still was tough on the computer.To be fair to MS though, you are talking about a small area and a dedicated team of pros committed to ONE area. They are trying to do the world. There is a post now about a guy upset that a waterfall is missing. I have seen UTX get flamed by a guy because the pond near his house was missing.I owned all of Flytampa's airports in FS9 and have St Maarten in FSX.I will skip this one as I have no reason to be on that side of the world.To the airline guys who are heads down 99% of the flight, this will be a wonderful way to end a LOOOOOOOOOONG flight.

Guest PilotHeinrich

A work of art! A perfect example of form meeting function! I just wish Vienna or Dubai were ready for FSX so I could connect from there!

It's fantastic with virtually no performance hit & looks amazing. WELL DONE!

Fly Tampa have done a terrific job with Kai Tak. I flew in there several times as a passenger in the early 90's and you really could look into apartments an see what was on TV. This scenery really brings those memories back to life. The great frame rates everyone has noticed might in part be due to HK being an island, which always helps reduce the load. But FT have shown great skill nonetheless. I'm looking forward to seeing what Orbx can do with Melbourne, because as others have said, the bar has just been raised a notch...Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest Binkles

I think it's been raised more than a notch.

Guest cbuchner1

How is the copy protection working? Is the installer requiring an online connection? On how many PCs can I install before the installer requires a different license?

I just wanted to add yet another endorsement here! This is absolutely one of the BEST scenery add-ons I have seen. It is incredible to see the number of buildings and other objects with virtually no FPS impact. The new airport textures are AWESOME too! If you haven't, try this one. You won't regret it!