Sign in to follow this  
Guest CRJ700FO

Couple quick questions......

It's been ages and ages since I've last flown commercially real-world, but would like to find out a couple things that will eliminate a bit of guesswork when trying to operate sim commercial flights realistically that I've been meaning to ask for awhile.....Besides turning it on due to turbulence, at what point during climb and descent are the seatbelt signs turned off and on? I've been switching it off (when I remember to do it, that is) once I've reached cruise altitude and turn them back on at TOD, but since FS2Crew turns it off during climb (passing 10,000' on climb, I think, and passing FL200 or 10,000 on descent) and on during descent, I don't know which is "correct"....Also, let's say, hypothetically speaking, I'm flying a planeload of passengers on a trip around the world. Always the same group of passengers, no new passengers boarding at any of the stops. Or maybe it's just a multi-leg trip without passengers boarding at any of the fuel stops.. Either way, is there any "rule" that would require me to bore the passengers with the safety brief/video during every departure after the first? (Obviously, I'd need to do it the first departure...) I use FDSFX on some of my aircraft, and I'm just wondering if I'd need to do the safety briefing on every departure if I use one of these aircraft on the round-the-world tour I'm debating....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest christianholmes

This is sort of a shot in the dark... but according to the FAA requirements- passengers are only required to wear safety belts during taxi, takeoff, and landings- so outside of that, it's probably airline policy. Also according to FAA regulations- it's the pilot's responsibility to make sure the passengers know how to use the safety belts. So, I think outside of the first time, you would not be required to LEGALLY. Naturally, the airline would probably have more distinct rules regarding safety briefings- noting that according to FAA regulations, it is PERFECTLY LEGAL to drop objects out of an airplane as long as you take 'reasonable precautions' to avoid damage to people and objects on the ground, but most people don't know that because it just seems silly. So, based on that most legal requirements are probably much more relaxed than I would guess the airline/operator requirements.

Guest CRJ700FO

in general, an airlines manual will be generic about when to turn it off, but specific about when to turn it on.ours is written as such:C. The FASTEN SEATBELT sign shall be turned on during any movement on the surface, for each takeoff, for each landing and at any other time considered necessary by the Captain. D. The FASTEN SEATBELT sign should be turned OFF as soon as practical after takeoff, considering existing weather or turbulence conditions. FARs require that after each takeoff, immediately before or immediately after turning the FASTEN SEATBELT sign OFF, an announcement be made that the passengers should keep their seatbelts fastened, while seated, even when the FASTEN SEATBELT sign is OFF. the official checklist answer is usually in the cruise checklist (to turn off) and once again on the descent checklist (usually at FL180 or 10,000'). again it is up to the CA. some will turn it off at 10,000' if they expect a smooth ride, some will wait until the FA's are done with their cabin service and then turn it off, some wait until cruise, some never turn it off.