Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sirocco

FSX refuses to load

Guest NoobPilot

Hey, One time, after a week off from FSX SP1 with no changes to the sim at all, it refused to load. It got stuck at the loading plate. I got the hourglass waiting screen thing. So I ended the process, I did notice that the System Idle Process was at 50 under the CPU list in the processes tab in the task manager. I restarted the computer. No change, it happened again. I repeated the process again. I decided to redo the FSX.CFG, yet again, no change. I should mention that I never tweaked it in the first place. So I reinstalled. Uninstalled it, restarted, put in the disks, installed, and registered it completely sucessfully. Tried to open FSX, and it didn't work. I had the same problem with the loading screen. I installed SP1, thinking that this might fix it. Again, it didn't. I restarted, and rebuilt FSX.CFG again. Restarted again, and tested it, and yet again, I got stuck. I installed SP2 and Acceleration. Again, it got stuck at the loading screen. The system was working fine, and was stable, before this happened. I was using GEX, the RealAir Scout package, and the F1/Coolsky MD-80 (all excellent and worth the money). I also followed Nick's tweaks and nHancer guide. With these addons there was no problem whatsoever. The only thing I did was install Photoshop CS3 Demo to merge some HDR photos that I took, and this should have had no affect. This all happened randomly. What could be wrong? My system specs are below.

Guest NoobPilot

I followed that lead. I replaced my logbook with an old one from a beta I was testing, FSXAutoSave, and it worked. I tested it again, shutting down FSX, and it didn't work at all. It got stuck again. If I deleted the logbook, what would happen?

Guest Sirocco

>If I deleted the logbook, what would happen? It would create a new one. I've lost count of the number of times mine has become corrupt.