Sign in to follow this  
Guest UlfB

fs9planes to fsx

I downloaded ceranado's program to make their fs9 planes to work in fsx. I installed the 172rg which I bought some time ago and ran the program but it didn't work. Any one have any solution? I tried to go to cerenado and contact them but the contact wouldn't work.Don

Guest UlfB

Hi,I assume that you mean Carenado and the 182 Skylane II RG. Do you run Vista? If so there are some info on disabling UAC on Carenado's FAQ page:http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/faq.php3In what way didn't the contact work? Didn't your email reach Carenado?Ulf B

No I run windows xp. The message said something like my e-mail was not configured correct. Not sure, would have to try again, which I will do later. Thanks Don

I got it working and all is fine except I have NO gauges. Where can I get the gauges?Don

>I got it working and all is fine except I have NO gauges. >Where can I get the gauges?>>>DonMight try reinstalling the aircraft as the gauges come with it.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest UlfB

Don,I've just made an installation of my FS2004 Carenado Cessna 182RG in FSX. The Cessna work ok in my FSX SP2.Some questions that might help you out:1. Did you download the C182 installer from Carenado before June 19th, 2005? If so, you also need to download SP1 for C182.2. Did you install the C182 into your existing FSX folder? You have to point the installer to your FSX folder. If applicable, did you also install the C182 SP1 into your existing FSX folder?3. Did you run the FSX upgrade program, UPCARC182RGIIFSX.exe as described in the file "ReadMe First!!!.rtf"?4. When you loaded the C182 in FSX, did FSX present security dialogs for each and every C182 gauge and did you accept to run and trust the gauges in every security dialog?5. Do you have these gauges in your Gauges folder (...Microsoft Flight Simulator XGauges): CessnaRG.cab, CessnaRG0.gau, CessnaRG1.gau, ..., CessnaRG7.gau?6. Do you have 11 references to the Carenado gauges in your fsx.cfg file under the section ? The Carenado gauges are all named CessnaRG*.GAU. For example CessnaRG0.GAU or CessnaRGRadios.GAU.Hope this will help you tracking down your problem with the C182.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

Okay I have been working on this and have it mostly fixed. Only a couple things now. One of them is that there is a gauge missing on the right side, the one that is just to the right of the manifold pressure gauge. The other is that the radio stack doesn't light up but that may be my fault, I may not have found where to turn it on yet. Those questions you asked helped me a lot and really were the solution to the problem. Thanks so much Don

Guest UlfB

Happy to here that your'e moving in the right direction :-)Regarding the radiostack, you have to turn on each component on individually. You'll discover what knob to turn.Ulf B

What IS that guage just to the right of the manifold pressure gauge?Don

IIRC, that should be the EGT gauge.