Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

HEADS UP FOR CAPTAIN SIM!

David, I'm not sure but they said you would have got new version of Block B if there were one. But they no longer sell it as far as I know. And FPS issues were fixed with Block F upgrade - the upgrade to Pro Pack. It is being sold at a lower price then full Pro Pack and gives you complete systems programming, FMS, free ace editor and sound etc. May be you could try that?

I understand the problems with CS...But I still want my F-104 for FSX. :-zhelp

>I'm sorry you had issues with the 757 friend.>>Captain Sim has at least one happy customer though...>Me....Man I LOVE the C-130X!>I'm a happy Captain Sim customer too! The C-130 for the most part is excellent. I buy Captain Sim for the excellent graphic talent, which are very artistic in detail. But I always know of what I'm getting...........beforehand. That's the secret.L.Adamson

Man, I was so very much in agreement with your statements...>There are also a lot of reputable Flight Simulator add-on>producers until you uttered this beaut>feelThere Wilco 737-PIC.What are you smoking and do you have any to share? I would put feelThere/Wilco (mainly Wilco) on the "stay away" column.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Last time I checked, xplane is not free.on the other hand, this one is free: http://www.flightgear.org/

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Hello all,Kevin:I joined the AOPA a couple of months ago and it was $39 a year. Kind of surprised me that it was that inexpensive. There is a wealth of information and resources available on their website and the monthly magazine is very nice. They have membership geared toward flight training for student pilots as well, this is what I signed up for. After simming for 21 years maybe it's time I learn to do the real thing. Sorry to highjack the thread. Just wanted to answer Kevin's question since it's fresh in my head.Thank you,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

Guest fsxmissionguy

Kail,Surely they're not charging people money to join the AOPA???Are they?

So far, you have not had any trouble where you need their help. Right?I was in your position too... Cause I never had a problem for which I had to go to them. I enjoyed it until then.This time, I was unable to register their product and went to them for help.Thats when they exposed their "talent".:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hey Kevin:AOPA, is around $39 to join for a year, which includes a monthly AOPA magazine (great mag on par with Flying Magazine), free FAA "Wings" acreditied courses, free flight planner, and lots (LOTS) of other stuff that every GA pilot needs to stay safe. Most definiately a must have for any pilot, no matter how much you fly or every non-pilot that has a passion for aviation :-)Regards,Mike T.

Guest Davidbiz

Yes, but that's all fine and dandy...however I bought the Block B and within literally, one or two weeks they had made it obsolete and the reason was pretty obvious! It didn't work!!! The question still remains, what kind of business practice is it to sell you something that 1) The know doesn't work and 2) isn't supported anymore! It's just an outrageous con to get you to give them more money right away! Their products are graphically great but to quote a well-known and appropriate phrase..."What a bloody way to run an airline!"

The editor of the AOPA magazine did an editorial highlighting the value of an AOPA membership for what amounts to a very small fee. I haven't flown in years, but I keep my AOPA membership up.With the cost of energy, AOPA's magazine and MSFS are as close as I'll likely ever come to flying again. Flying will continue it's decades-long trend of being a rich man's game. Thanks to AOPA for continuing to keep the little guy in mind with an inexpensive membership.

Jeff Bea

Guest fsxmissionguy

Jeff,Couldn't agree with you more. An AOPA membership is worth the money you pay for it in the exactly same way that software is worth the money that we pay for it.The AOPA works hard to bring value to the people who give it membership dues every year. I encourage those who find value in its activities to join. In the exact same way, I encourage people who find value in difficult-to-produce add-on software to "send in their dues" to the developers who worked so hard to produce it for us.I'm not looking for a free ride on AOPAs hard work, and don't think you should either.Join.

Consider also that for the last few years at least, a payware quality version of the AOPA giveaway plane was released......but only for AOPA members... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest fsxmissionguy

Sacre Bleu!

I should have added that the payware quality FS model was FREE and available ONLY to members...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator