Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nick_N

IMPORTANT PATCH AND UPGRADE POSTED FOR FSWC USERS

Guest Nick_N

Please note I am posting this here and in another thread to be sure it is seen.... We identified a bug in the uninstaller part of FSWC. This bug will only affect you if you installed FSWC to a location other than the default location the installer provided, or, you did not provide a custom "individual" install folder for FSWC when browsed. Let me preface this post by saying most users of FSWC are not affected by this issue and you can identify your situation by the descriptions provided below. We have posted a new version of FSWC, v3.14 and a patch for everyone to use/upgrade to in order to resolve all issues around the problem.* Please be aware that we have designed the patch instructions to cover everyone however those who installed FSWC to its default location are safe to uninstall FSWC using Add and Remove Programs and do not need the patch, simply uninstall FSWC v3.0 and then upgrade to v3.15.* For those who installed FSWC to a place other than the default location, a patch has been posted at the FSWC website. The same patch is available inside the FSWC v3.15 update package as well. * It is your choice as to which you prefer to download. One download link is the uninstall patch by itself should you wish to only uninstall FSWC and the other download includes the same patch along with a complete upgrade to version 3.15 which fixes the issue permanently.* If you installed FSWC v3.0 (original release) by browsing to any location in which FSWC IS NOT installed in its own directory or you installed FSWC directly to the root directory of a hard drive, directly to the desktop or inside the FSX install folder you MUST RUN THE PATCH FIRST TO AVOID INCORRECT FILE DELETION ISSUES during upgrade.* If you are not sure and simply wish to be safe in uninstalling FSWC v3.0 before upgrading, then it will not harm anything to use the patch before installing 3.15. Anyone can run the patch.This patch will also offer the option for you to retain the profiles you may have made which the original uninstaller won't offer. The new version of FSWC (v3.15) will allow that

Hi Nick,I think the whole community can only be grateful for the work you guys involved in this smart freeware and for your fast support.I hope not too many folks did suffer from the bug in the first release.Again thank you for offering your talent and knowledge.Best regards,

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Nick_N

Thanks DavidWe were not happy with what happened but we did jump on it right awayBTW, the new installer automatically creates a "FS Water Configurator" folder no matter where you put it this time outside the default install locationIt will make that directory regardless of where it is browsed to and you can install it anywhere this time as it was originally designed to work.

Hi Nick,I would like to thank you for jumping in, with Ashton, to correct this problem. As you know I am the one who sounded the alarm after I lost all of my files. I was extremely annoyed(well maybe annoyed isn't the correct emotion) but I also blamed myself for not spoting the problem when the installer didn't create a sub-folder for FSWC and just dumped everything into a root directory.Anyway, after spending the last 5 hours recovering and restoring the deleted files, I am back to where I started prior to installing the FSWC. I have downloaded Ver 3.15 and will be installing it!Thanks again for your prompt and thorough attention to this problem and fixing it so fast, albeit it cost you a night's sleep. Pete S

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Guest Nick_N

Peter our sleep was not important.. the problem, its potential and the fix, wasAshton and Paul both stayed with me in that so we slapped each other a few times when it looked like one or the other may be dozing off. :-hah I'm still only going on 'cat naps' to check in and be sure everything is as it should be given the first round.I thought I had read you recovered (at least partially at that time) and that is what is important to us. I was not only dealing with the patch, the upgraded installer and the changes that needed to be tested but was also pretty much slammed with assistance in PM's and emails to get those who were having difficulties back in the saddle again with no loss. Thus far you were the only one I was not sure recovered 100% from the communications at the time.I did PM you but did not hear back and assumed you were running recovery procedures and were tied up.Regardless of what happened your backup practice is a good lesson for everyone and I also follow a routine of backup even though I rarely if ever need them.When you need them, they are goldLOLThank you so much for letting me know you are back in the saddle 100%On behalf of Paul, Ashton and myself we are sorry for the glitch and the time you lost but are delighted to no end to see you up and running.Thank you for posting what happened to you here because it was your post that put me on 'red' alert to the problem which in turn that post and others who contributed about issues saved a lot of trouble for everyone.I hope you enjoy the toolNick